‘TC Failure’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’d like to know if anyone else has had an issue with traction control on their Vitpilen/Svartpilen 701.  The engine light on the dash is on. the TC and ABS lights also.  And I also get a message saying ‘TC Failure’ on the dash.  When the message come on, there is no throttle.  The bike will idle only.  No increase in revs when the throttle is turned.  First time it happened I was in traffic and someone nearly ran into the back of me.  Also pretty dangerous when it cuts back in as the bike will launch forward.  When I pulled over and waited for a while and re-started then it would go away for a few minutes and I could at least limp somewhere.

Its at the dealer today.  Hopefully I’ll get it sorted under warranty.  But I’m interested to know if anyone else has had a similar issue.  I’ve seen someone else on r/husqvarna mention it.

Participant

Having a very similar issue on my Svart 701

“CAN ABS Failure” appears for seconds on screen with cracked lines along with flashing ABS/TC lights, however without any change to bike function. Dealership thinks its a dash issue and reckons ABS is working fine

No available software updates either

Participant

really easy to see if ABS is working… just hit that rear brake hard, you’ll feel it tapping back.

Participant

I’ve had similar a few times – mainly down to battery failing. Low battery charge causes some canbus oddities. Though that of course is not the cause of all these kind of issues, it might be worth checking the state of your battery.

I also had TC failure warnings when my clutch was in the process of failing, but only when I was sitting in traffic with the clutch pulled in.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

The only time I see a TC failure is in the split second when I turn my bike off, while I have been riding riding with the TC off (which I always do, permanently switched off). I ignore it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.