Tank removal

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Tori 3 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Some Guy
    Participant

Do we have instructions on how to remove the tank? I got the bolts under seat out, disconnected the fuel line, fuel pump and fuel level sensor and what I believe is the fuel pressure relief, and then I was able to lift the back of the tank up but it felt like the tank was hung up somewhere near the neck.  I wasn’t able to pull it straight back, either. I didn’t want to force it so I put it back together.

I’m 99% sure the flasher relay is tucked in behind the rectifier, but the only access is from the top – and the tank is in the way.

Thanks!

DAP831
    Participant

I am wondering the same thing, I am still waiting for my service manual. I really don’t want to break anything trying to get the tank of to do the flasher

DAP831
    Participant

I pulled the tank off, there are bolts under the black cover at the front of the tank. To remove it, you have to pull fairly hard up on the front of it and the rear will slide forward. However, I did not need to replace the flasher when I installed LED flashers without resistors, it must have an electronic flasher.

Qwandree
    Qwandree
    Participant

When I went to pull the tank, I could not for the life of me get the fuel hose disconnected. I pushed down the little green tab and the hose would move out slightly but not completely disconnect. I am afraid to force anything on my beloved plastic lego bike, so I put it all back together. The repair manual (thanks DAP) doesn’t have any specifics about removing the fuel line.

Anyone know what’s up with this?

DAP831
    Participant

There’s not much room to work, but you are on the right track, if you got the green plastic tab undone it should just slide off  afterwards. Make sure the tab is completely released and try to push the connector in and twist it a little before you pull it off. Once you get it moving it goes pretty easily.

Tori
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m in the process of removing the tank for a Coober ECU installation. Do the cosmetic plastic tank shrouds stay on the tank when you remove it, or do you unclip them prior to the tank removal?

I am trying to be delicate and not force them apart – I’ve undone the obvious screws on front of the tank and under the seat . . . should the shrouds just prise apart with a bit of effort?

DAP831
    Participant

It is not necessary to remove the covers. I remove the black trim piece up front, and the bolts underneath. The bolts on the rear of the tank, and the yellow piece, Then you need to disconnect the air hose and the fuel line. The covers will slide past the subframe no problem.

Tori
    Participant

I got it all sorted, thanks for the tips.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.