Tank bag utilizing existing tank rack

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Buntyster 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    LMSpilen
    LMSpilen
    Participant

As I was not particularly fond of the tank bag/rack offered by Husqvarna. I have read several posts regarding this issue. I have searched high and low for a tank bag that would not only meet my needs but also have a sleek design to compliment my Svartpilen. I finally found something that I liked but it only available with a magnet mount. What to do? I bought the Cortech Super 2.0 10L Tank Bag anyway and then found a local company to fabricate a steel plate to mount onto our existing tank rack. With a few velcro straps, the plate sits securely on the rack. I am extremely happy with the results as I really like the OEM and didn’t want to remove it! What do you think???

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by LMSpilen LMSpilen.

MaineRider
    Participant

Very nice. Looks awesome.

JohnnyLightning
    JohnnyLightning
    Participant

Wow, that really does look awesome! The lines on that bag flow seamlessly with the trim scheme of the Svart and the profile of the mount is so flat that it just disappears underneath it…good job!

Nice touch with the logo too…looks just as good without the bag.

ThemSheeps
    ThemSheeps
    Participant

Looks awesome!

I got the OEM tank bag and it works like a charm – the only thing on the OEM is that it makes accessing your key quite “finicky”… your solution actually seems a bit better in that regards, well done!

JohnnyLightning
    JohnnyLightning
    Participant

I got the OEM tank bag and it works like a charm

Pic please!!!

NOLO
    Participant

Any chance I can order the same steel plate?

LMSpilen
    LMSpilen
    Participant

@nolo

I purchased the steel plate from Limitless Fabrication, located in Lakewood, Colorado.  You can find them at

http://www.limitlessfab.com

NOLO
    Participant

I just sent them an email. Thank you for that information! May I ask how much did it set you back?

LMSpilen
    LMSpilen
    Participant

NOLO

It was under $100. And she custom made it to work with the Cortech tank bag that I had purchased before having the plate made. She did an excellent job, making sure that there would be no interference with the gas filler cap.

ThemSheeps
    ThemSheeps
    Participant

Hey. Sorry the pic took so long, but here it is:

tank bag 1

tank bag 2

Buntyster
    Participant

ThemSheeps is the OEM tank bag, how does it fit on the tank bracket, what mechanism ? Also, where did you get your bar end mirrors, I am looking for them..thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.