Tall Rider suggestions

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chrisalfano
    Participant

Curious if any tall riders out here have suggestions on how to make an already comfortable bike even more comfortable. I am 6’4” 250lbs.

Was thinking making the rear suspention stiffer, different foot pegs, or a custom upholstered seat to increase seat height.

Let me know if you’ve done something that worked!

Anonymous

Hey @Chrisalfano

I’m 6’4″ 265 and the best modifications I’ve made are adjusting the rear spring to to the tallest/stiffest setting, and then installing bar risers. I used the one on the link below and they are great, but you do have to make a couple tweaks to install them. Let me know if you end up buying those and i’ll walk you through how to get some slack in your clutch cable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R3WHXRX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’d like to have the seat reupholstered and raised eventually as well. I definitely want Motocross style footpegs soon (just to give better grip), but think your right and they may offer some that are a bit lower. My only concern with that would be scraping pegs during turns if they got much lower.

I also read a post about a guy putting fork spacers on a duke 390 to raise the front of his bike (link for that below). This seems like it could be a good option for us taller guys. I’m going to check with the dealership to see if those guys have ever done that. I think the spacers would be cheap, it’s just getting the right size (since that isn’t a common mod).

Project KTM 390 Adventure – Fork Spacers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.