Tail tidy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    jerd
    Participant

So the bike has been superb so far, but i still cant get myself to fall in love with the plate holder/taillight set up with the ugly arm. Looking to see if anyone has a good solution for relocating the plate and lights it under the seat.

I noticed the tail tidy that R&G released but it looks pretty ugly as well, and at quite a steep price too (also noting that its currently unavailable) https://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/Tail_Tidies/Husqvarna/401_Svartpilen/LP0250BK/#prettyPhoto[gallery1]/0/

Macloven
    Participant

that is a bit pricey. interesting that it has two different blinkers on there….wonder if it includes the blinkers? I’m searching through as many universal tail tidy’s as possible trying to find one that might fit and most are too narrow where they mount under the seats. The stock setup has to go, and hopefully something turns up soon.

DamnSk8er
    Participant

DamnSk8er
    Participant

With some self etching primer and black spray paint? Until something better comes along

Scott Emm
    Participant

looks great!

jerd
    Participant

Thats a great solution, looks way better than the stock setup.  Maybe ill try and put my own together as well!

jerd
    Participant

Its just simple brackets mounted onto the holes for the grab bar?

Macloven
    Participant

I just ordered a universal tail tidy that has 140mm bolt pattern so should be able to use the grab bar holes. Coming from China so may be awhile though. Any tips on wiring would be great!

DamnSk8er
    Participant

I put it together using all the original manufacturer supplied parts. (Turn signals, plate light, wiring harnesses, plate brackets and screws)The only parts you would have to purchase would be the aluminum angle stock and stainless screws. I disassembled the license plate bracket and all the lights and removed the arm. This exposed the 10m bolt holes for swingarm spools too. I took the screws out of the plastic chain guard so I could pull the harness through (unplugs under the tank, cut the zip tie). I then cut 2pcs of aluminum @7” long and 1pc @4” long.  Removed the red reflectors, drilled some holes and reassembled like the picture shows. Rerouted the harness under the seat. I did have to drill a small hole in the plastic of the under tail section behind the brake light and above the bracket to route the 3 connectors under the seat. Not happy about it, but had to be done. Then mounted it using two of the four screws that hold the grab bar to the subframe. Cheers from Texas! Post pics of what y’all come up with.

DamnSk8er
    Participant

**edit post. I did have to purchased longer bolts to mount it to the grab bar/subframe. The original are recessed in the grab bar.

Macloven
    Participant

Great info. Will try to transfer all the bits over and retain stock harness without cutting it. And will definitely need longer bolts and some spacers. (Or washers) to go between subframe and tidy.

djul
    Participant

Just did the same, ordered a few weeks ago (wish) 2 brackets 3€/item (first to test/prototype). Hopefully because I used a piece of the second one and it’s just fine. Kinda proud of doing it without adjusting/modifying OEM parts !!!

Except with vibration because the metal piece is really thin… I’ll upload photo in a momentI was affraid about the small gap between the wheel and the Plate but adjusting the angle is just perfect!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by djul.
    djul
    Participant

Vitpilen home mode tail tidy

djul
    Participant

DamnSk8er
    Participant

Can you post a link to the bracket you used? & Are those the oem turn signals? Mine seem fat in comparison. Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.