Tail Tidy for Vitpilen/Svartpilen

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 50 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Simon Bikermart 2 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Qwandree
    Qwandree

Ha awesome job mate. Looks killer.

rlarue
    rlarue
    Participant

It’s very cool you crafted your own, purloined. Very unique. I’d recommend obscuring your plate when posting photos though. Anyone lurking here can look up your plate and get your address. Bike theft is a thing so it’s better to be safe than sorry. That’s my opinion anyway.

purloined
    Participant

Thanks all.

I’ve read about bikes gone missing after someone looks up the plate.   My bike lives far from where it is registered. And I know it’s dumb, but I hate fotos with blurry plates.

Qwandree
    Qwandree

If you live in the US, you can’t look up any personal info from a plate unless police. I believe all you can get is make and model of vehicle….

Midnaite
    Midnaite
    Participant

To the owners of the MNNTHBX tail tiddy, how is it when you ride in the rain? isn’t your back too soaked?

Fred from france
    Fred from france
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Salut midnaite, j ai le meme support que le mnnthbx mais fait maison, meme angle meme longueur meme emplacement. Je te ferai une photo demain. Je me suis fait surprendre par la pluie samedi et mon dos et mon cul etaient complètement mouillé et sale, car l eau de la route est bien sale.</p>
    Perso ca me derange pas car maintenant la moto c est uniquement plaisir et donc par beau temps seulement ^^

Midnaite
    Midnaite
    Participant

Merci pour la réponse, je roule en daily et sur Paris pour arranger les choses

Skunk1961
    Skunk1961
    Participant

I have also fabricated my own. I bought a universal Husqvarna tidy tail from ibex and made a plate to fit it to.

I have also fitted a Toro full exhaust with de cat and a Booster Plug fuel injector sensor to optimise furling, as well as a KTM 390 Super Duke triple clamp and clutch cable with KTM motocross fat bars and I have a Husqvarna rear bag and bracket to fit.

Will be installing moto gadget led indicators, Husqvarna custom seat rear seat cowl and a roadlock and custom bar end mirrors. Will post more images when complete.

I have downloaded some images in the 401 images of your ride section titled White arrow from Liverpool.

symptom777
    Participant

Here’s mine, which I fabricated myself with a little help from a CNC and e-bay.

It’s simply a metal plate bolted underneath where the grab rail goes. I used 4mm aluminum and painted it with exhaust paint, mounted it with rubber sheet and some spacers to get the right angle. The bracket is from a universal tail tidy from e-bay, from which I discarded the bits I didn’t need. The licence plate is mounted on 2mm aluminium plate cut to size, mounted on the bracket and the I glued the plate to it. Indicators are also e-bay – cheap at twice the price. Cable is original and routed all around the seat under the side panels. Total cost was about 40 euros.  Th mounting plate can really be any size and shape you want, but – make sure when you measure the fixing holes that you measure the centres on the frame and NOT from the grabrail – which is slightly stressed (about 4mm each way (wider)) when mounted! I didn’t ever use the grabrail, having already removed the pillion footrests.

The mnnthbx.com tailtidy looks neat but is outrageously expensive and will only work if your government allows miniscule licence plates, which mine doesn’t.

The RPG version is quite expensive and really desperately ugly – sorry guys, but that’s an eyesore, although I’m sure a very well made one – note the instructions for mounting the RPG are available for free on their website and is pretty handy when diying.

The Husqvarna version is incredibly expensive, probably because it too is rather ugly and the batch size is too small to make it any cheaper – even in India (no offense – to Indians; a little bit for Husqvarna).

Anyway took me about 3 hours to fit this, spread over a period of about 6 months from initial concept. But that’s just because (1) I’m incredibly lazy and (2) I’m not very industrious.tail tidy 5

symptom777
    Participant

tail tidy1tailtidy 2tail tidy3tail tidy4tail tidy 5

Looks like I don’t know how to upload photo’s… hopefully here they all are.

LifeCycle
    Participant

I’ll probably go with the MTBXX or whatever that brand is. I’m just not sure about the pen turn signals yet. But I don’t know else to get. I’d like to see that setup in the daylight.

symptom777
    Participant

@ LifeCycle – <I’d like to see that setup in the daylight.>  -you talking to me??

daylight1

Daylight2

Daylight3

wdwmkr
    wdwmkr
    Participant

anyone have specific info regarding the 5mm spacer needed after removing the plate arm / fender etc?

many thanks

Pat
    Participant

The spacer is necessary on one fixing point of the chain guard after removing the standard plate holding arm which incorporated that said spacer.

You can simply add some washers up to a thickness of 5 mm for that purpose.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Avatar Pat.
    wdwmkr
    wdwmkr
    Participant

gotcha many thanks- imagine it will make sense in person come this weekend, just had seen some mention of said need-

cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.