Tail Tidy for Vitpilen/Svartpilen

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Participant

According to R&G-racings homepage a Tail Tidy for the Vit- and Svartpilen is (finally) on its way.

https://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Husqvarna/401_Vitpilen/2018/LP0250BK

Can´t wait to get rid of the original arrangement for the plate and rear indicators.

Will give the bike a much cleaner and nicer look

Participant

Very cool.

Part of the reason I love the bike’s looks so much is that “floating” half fender though.

I would happily dump the signals on it, and fit the plate on it a bit tidier.

QwandreeQwandree

Are they only making this for 401?

Participant

Please keep us updated on how it looks when you get it. Us in the svart forum are eager ( https://vitpilenforum.com/forums/topic/tail-tidy/)

Participant

I purchased this one, waiting for it to arrive from China. The spacing on the mount is 140mm which should fit the existing holes for the grab handle. Hope it arrives soon, should be a fun little project.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/License-Plate-Bracket-For-Yamaha-MT-09-FZ-09-2014-2018-FJ09-Tracer-900-2015-2018/282839218700?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=582205486979&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Participant

Please keep us posted! If it works, I’ll definitely be picking one up myself. There were a few similar solutions offered in the other thread, but i have been too busy to purchase or put it in so holding off until all the responses come in anyway.

Participant

I removed the half fender with turn signals as well as the front turn signals. I installed some motogadget m-Blaze pin signals. They are small but super bright. I mounted the plate on the side with one of those axle mounts. I really like the look of the back of the back with no fender or plate over the wheel. It’s super minimal and clean. The prototype that Husqvarna showed a few years ago with the high pipe was like this. I tried to make mine similar. I will get some pictures up next week. I’m out of town at the moment but excited I found this site. 🙂

Participant

I look forward to seeing it!  I too ordered a new tail tidy but it wont arrive for another week or too.  I dont know my plan for the rear turn signals yet…

those photos matter!  Come home soon

Participant

Sounds awesome, can’t wait to see pictures! Love the m-Blaze pin signals too! Was thinking about getting them or some rizoma bar end ones.. either way the stock ones have to go.

Participant

anyone with updates/retrofits to a tail tidy?

Hey Galavoxx:  I’m curious about the wiring of the turn signals. How did that go? Thanks.

JimmywineJimmywine
    Participant

Sad news Maclovin: I ordered the same tail tidy from amazon, actually had to make a custom bracket for it to work, wired it up and Damn! Not enough clearance between the tire and the bottom elbow piece!

Participant

Crap! How close was it? I measured it out and looked like just over 5” and hoping enuf..

Participant

And did u actually compress the shock to check? Thinking of shaving the knuckle piece down and tapping a few more threads if it’s close

Participant

I did a little tail tidy this weekend. I got a side mount for the license plate and some of the basic signal indicators from amazon. Overall it was maybe $40 for everything. I bought the resistors, but didn’t end up needing them because I used the original wire harness. Fairly simple process overall. Tail tidy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.