Tail tidy?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

let me know if you want anything more specific/detailed. It fits perfectly in where the stock tail light plastic housing attached. Super easy.

Participant

Chad, mind posting some more pictures? And is there some reason you have your plate mounted at the bottom?

Participant

Slow, happy to. Is there something in particular you want to see?

Regarding the plate, it was still my temp and I didn’t want to undo the bolts at the top that also hold the turn signals in place so I just mounted it low. When I get my real plate, I’ll take the top bolts off but this was an easy fix for a few weeks without realigning the signals.

Participant

I’d like to see how far back the plate sits, the angle, and how it lights up at night

Does it have its own white plate lamp?

Also,  does the mount leave the underside open to water where the turn signals used to be?

There are some holes inside of the turn signal mounts… Could you mount the signals there instead?

Participant

Hey slow,

sorry for the delayed reply. I’m on the road for a few weeks so I can’t snap pics, but can answer these questions.

it does have a light but it’s not very bright. My buddy is a cop and said there was a light and therefore it was bright enough. 😂

yes, water could get up under the seat which I’m guessing is what they’ll address with the 2020 update. I cut some FRP and caulked it in the seat from the top. It was a project for sure and probably unnecessary since I don’t ride in the rain.
    I’m not 100% sure what you mean with the signal mounts, but I’m pretty sure the only way to mount them is the way I have them mounted. I’ll post pics when I’m back home.

Participant

Chad, I decided to make my own license plate mount… so I don’t really need the pics anymore. I am curious, but don’t bother unless you want to! Thanks!

Participant

Chad, that’s awesome. I’m a new owner and new to the forum, so I think I originally posted incorrectly in the 701 Vit forum yesterday.

I just got a 2020 Svartpilen 401 and a Competition Werkes fender eliminator. The kit is apparently for an 18/19 model, but the bolt pattern under the seat appears the same so I see no reason why it wouldn’t work. One thing that has me confused above, however, is what all I need to remove in terms of the axle nut (this seems to be a 701 thing, or an 18/19 thing, I’m not sure).

For certain, the stock fender setup on the 2020 is definitely different from the 18/19, as well as different from the Competition Werkes instructions.

Regarding the 2020 install that you did, Chad, was it just a matter of completely removing the stock fender and hucking it to the side? Did you have to or choose to remove the chain guard? Lastly, is there actually any need to plug the existing license plate light’s wire into anything or did you just leave it loose under the seat?

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.