Tail tidy?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I am just wondering if anybody know if there is a tail tidy from any brand that will fit the new 2020 Svartpilen 401?

I have searched but not been able to find anyone so far. Maybe someone has a solution that I am not able to find.

Really keen on finding one since I am not so found of the original one…

Thanks for letting me know.

Best regards,

Fredrik

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Rear fender or side mount?

Participant

Rear.

Participant

I recently fitted this one to my 2018 model, the manufacturer told me it will fit all model years as the mounting holes are the same.

https://www.mg-biketec.com/en/online-shop/husqvarna/401-vitpilen-from-2018/510/tail-tidy-fender-eliminator?c=1535

I had to re-route the harness from the current location for the indicators but you would only need the the number plate light wire moving so it might be easier to make your own.

If it fits it would partly answer the question I posted in this forum 2020-401-differences-from-2018-2019

Participant

I’m looking for a rear tail tidy as well. Found this one but not sure if it fits the 2020 model?

MNNTHBX Fender Eliminator Husqvarna Vitpilen 401/Svartpilen 401

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

I went with  a side mount option.  I felt it kept a cleaner look on the back end.

Side mount

Participant

I used the competition Werkes tail tidy on my 2019 model. Werkes should tell you if it fits on the 2020. Installing was not too hard as they had some clear instructions, would recommend over the MNNTHBX (it is a similar price).

Participant

Scubadubbers, that looks pretty awesome but unfortunately it’s not legal where I live (Perth, Western Australia)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by AvatarSamwiseM.
    Participant

Hi Tomok, thanks for suggesting the Competition Werkes. Just curious to know why you prefer this model over the MNNTHBX?

Participant

Just got this back from Competition Werkes. They responded back within a couple of minutes… pretty impressive.

Sam, unfortunately, no.

We will be designing one for it as soon as it starts slowing down and we have time for some R&D.

Probably 1-2 months before that will happen.

Hope you understand.

Participant

I have worked with them a lot before and they are super responsive and they have manuals and guides to install. Their stuff always fits perfectly and they have great customer support. And for me they are pretty local too.

Participant

Thanks mate, based on that I think I’ll wait for them to release a version that suits my 2020.

Participant

That’s an interesting reply, as I just installed the Competition Werkes model on my 2020 Vitpilen, which I’m pretty sure is the same under the seat as the 2018 and 2019. Lots of small things changed from 2019 to 2020, but this assembly worked for me.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 22 hours ago by AvatarChad.
    Participant

Interesting indeed! Any chance you can take some photos of how it attaches to the bike Chad?

Participant

fender eliminator project

I’ve been busy fabricating one… I’ll post more when done.

• This reply was modified 4 days ago by Avatarslow husky.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.