Swingarm fender removal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey all. I’ve seen a few posts about this but no real clarification.

I’ve removed the big swingarm mounted plate holder and signals from my Svart 701, and found unexpectedly that the stupid chain tensioner is part of that big ugly part I’m trying to get rid of (I’m doing a generic, axle mounted plate holder, so no tail tidy with a replacement tenisioner).

I’ve seen some people here have found workarounds. Someone said they used a “OEM KTM part”. I assume that’s the tensioner from the Duke 695? I also saw a replacement tensioner on AliExpress for the Supermoto 701… How do I know if that would work?

Thanks!

Participant

I heard that some of the AliExpress parts don’t fit the 25mm axle.

Order OEM part no. 60010084000 it is not expensive.

Participant

This is the one I installed when I deleted the rear fender on my Svart 701: https://aomc.mx/PROD.html?Product_Code=21010984000

For being half the price, I’d opt for the KTM one…

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Avatarmikochu.
    Participant

Thanks, guys. This is awesome!

But what is the KTM one?

Participant

21010984000 Husky

60010084000 KTM

Some sources list the KTM version also for the Pilens and others say it is too thin without an additional washer. It is probably better to order the more expensive Husky one.

Participant

Thanks. I realized shortly after that the one you gave me was in fact the KTM.

My dealership said they could order either one. The KTM part was 60% less than the Husky part.

Silly!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.