Swing arm spools?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What length of bolt for the left-hand side did you ultimately need?

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Are you asking me?

As I made an adaptor for the LHS, I just used a bolt the same length as what came with the bobbins kit.

Remember that I kept the number plate arm, most people seem to remove this.

Participant

Hi Vanessa, sorry, I was in fact asking you but wasn’t clear. I had bought the official “universal” bobbins kit from Husqvarna, but the LHS clearly is too short since it’s recessed (with the number-plate arm, which I’ve also kept for now–I have a 2020 and there still aren’t many tidy options for the longer subframe; I also have a pannier coming from Un1t garage in Italy and I think it may use the same fixed points). The bolt won’t grab any threading on the other side of the number-plate arm. I’ve ordered the M10x70 (1.5 pitch) bolt from my local distributor here in Madrid and will be picking it up sometime this week. I imagine that’s what I’ll need. I’ll let you all know either way.  It’s just strange that Husqvarna has made such a simple issue so difficult.

By the way, for anyone who might want the information, the part number for the M10x70 bolt is 60N101220.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Great, let us know how you get on.

Participant

It fits, but it’s ugly; it’s a bronzed, hex cap bolt and doesn’t match either the original (far right, black, allen head) or the official bolt that formed part of the bushing/bobbins kit from Husqvarna (middle, silver, also allen head). It actually looks like the bushing/bobbins kit bolt is 1.25 pitch. In any case the M10x70 works, although I think I’ll head down to a specialty bolt store (for anyone in Madrid, López Calvo Tornillería in Ronda de Valencia) and see if they have something better. But for now I can at least use the paddock stand.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.