Swing arm spools?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What’s the deal with swing arm spools for this bike? Would you need one with an extra long threaded part to pass through the license plate bracket attachment point? Is it a one sided deal only on the right? Or is it best just to forego them and use the underlift style attachment on the stand? Anyone have anything rigged up?

Participant

R&G racing has offset spools on the way. I am a fan of spools over the under lift style. I would wait for those, personally.

Participant

This is the part # for the spools that Husqvarna recommended for the 701.

Looking at them, they may work for the 401. I expect them this week and can measure them to see if they fit.

Participant

any news on those spools fitting?

Participant

These the KTM bobbins do not fit because of the rear hugger.  You have to buy the R&G ones.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/r-g-offset-cotton-reel-swingarm-spools-for-husqvarna-vitpilen-401-18-svartpilen-401-18

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Also everything I read is that the KTM 390 uses M10x1.25 bolts but it appears Husky is M10x1.5</p>

Participant

The r and g offset spools do not fit with stock rear fender set up

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I fitted the Evotech Performance rear bobbins that they make for the Duke 390. But on the RHS you need to change the supplied M10x1.25mm pitch bolt for a 1.5mm pitch one. The bolt is 45mm long.

On the LHS it’s much more involved as I had to make an extension adaptor from 18mm diameter 303 Stainless steel on my lathe that replaces the lower M10 license plate bracket screw, and allows me to attach the other bobbin to it.

It works really well and looks ‘factory’. I’ll do a post with pics and details when I get a moment.

407guy407guy
    Participant

Hey Vanessa.  Any pix with your set-up?

Participant

So there’s not much info on these spools. I see the R&G ones but some say they don’t work with the rear hugger..

What about the ones from MNNTHBX? https://mnnthbx.com/product/driven-racing-stand-spools-for-2018-husqvarna-401/

rod frostrod frost
    Participant

You know on the MNNTHBX spools that is a good question ; wish I had the answer before I ordered them… Looks like you would need a longer bolt for the left side because the license plate bracket is using the bolts holes too.

I’ll let you know, I also sent the question into MNNTHBX too.

rod frostrod frost
    Participant

I got a answer from MNNTHBX on fitting the spools on a rear hugger “I know customers have mounted over that plate mount, but that’s not the way it intended to go on. 99% of buyers run our fender eliminator, which is one of our top selling products. That obviously eliminates the issue altogether…”

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I detailed how I made the Evotech Performance swing arm spools (paddock stand bobbins) fit my SP401 in the thread “Making Evotech Parts Fit” in the Accessories section of the SP401 forum page.

In short I made an adaptor, and I guess that a similar adaptor would need to be supplied by any company who wanted to offer spools to fir the 401’s with the number plate arm fitted.

Here are some pics from my other post:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.