Svartpilen handle bars for my Vitpilen

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Tom 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    paulcapetown
    Participant

I’ve noticed the Svartpilen’s handle bars are higher. It must be possible to swop these around right??

pants1963
    pants1963
    Participant

I fitted these ABM handlebars for a better riding posistion. Everything is included for the conversion they are reasonably straight forward to fit.

pants1963
    pants1963
    Participant

pants1963
    pants1963
    Participant

paulcapetown
    Participant

https://www.bikermart.co.uk/Husqvarna-Vitpilen-701-ABM-Superbike-Fat-Bar-Handlebar-Kit
    https://www.bikermart.co.uk/ABM-Superbike-Fat-Bar-Handlebars-Low-0439-Pattern

is it correct that I need the above?

what about grips? and bar ends?

i have the husqvarna bar end mirrors?

thanks

Lewz
    Participant

I do not have photographs, but at the local dealer I saw several Vitpilens 401 en 701 with the bars from the Svartpilen. It seems to be a popular mod and I can understand it. Short people sit a bit stretched out forward with their arms, combined with the relative high seat height. You can get a more ergonomic position just by changing the bars.

Gunther
    Participant

My dealer swapt the handlebars from my vitpilen for the svartpilen,’s one.

No extra cost , the original from husqvarna.

pants1963
    pants1963
    Participant

I bought the bars and risers from Bikermart.co.uk. Search Vitpilen 401 and you’ll find them.

The bars I chose, and that were supplied have a very narrow internal diameter so I also bought some bar end weights also from Bikermart.co.uk and used the smallest 11mm adapters. I’m not sure if the official bar end mirrors will fit. I just used some bar end mirrors from eBay and clamped them to the weights and they’re fine with no movement or vibration.

I then put Renthal Kevlar grips on.

pants1963
    pants1963
    Participant

Matthew
    Participant

So I am close to pulling the trigger on this one. Likely going with SVART Oem tree upper and protaper evo reed bars. low risers….Question is: DO I NEED TO EXTEND WIRES. On the facebook forum someone is telling me I 100% do need to extend wires… A few users here have said no, or don’t think so. Anyone do this and have photos of how the wires are looking in terms of tightness or re positioning. By the looks of things…the bars are moving about 2 inches with these changes.

Tom
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>It seems that ABM kit includes a longer clutch wire. Svartpilen 401 and Duke 390 are using the same part number 90802090000.</p>

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.