Svartpilen 401 Handlebar diameter?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Brian 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

These are the Rox Risers I installed. They are really for Harley’s as apperently many of the v-twin type bikes have 1” bars. I didn’t love the little decorative grooves on the outside of the risers but honestly when in black they are barely noticeable. Rox Riser customer service said these are the only ones that will fit 1” bars.

2" V-Twin / Street Pivoting Handlebar Risers for 1" Handlebar

Brian
    Participant

Brian
    Participant

iwatchpaintdry808
    Participant

Awesome 👍 thanks for the post. I actually have the Vitpilen and it appears from other threads it’s an easy fix but $500 . 😖

Brian
    Participant

I imagine with the clip on bars it’s a bit more complicated with more parts needed, hence the higher cost.

For most seat height and bar reach is not an issue. I’m short (5’ 2”) but wanted the bike so badly that I had the make some mods in order to comfortable to ride. I had a suspension shop order up a custom rear race tech spring (a bit shorter and dialed into my weight (125lbs) and had the forks adjusted with spacers so lowering front and rear was equal. I’m now able to get the tips of my toes down and will slide to one side if need to be flat footed. I disassembled the kick stand, used an angle grinder to remove about 3/4” and re welded the foot back on at original angle. A bit of paint and it all fits me well with correct lean angle when parked.  I tend to like to make things my own by tweaks and mods here and there but in this case, I really needed to in order to feel comfortable for longer rides. Absolutely love the bike!

sasstothefrass
    Participant

Brian, how much did the suspension adjustments cost you? Shock, forks?

Also, I thought I’d post my handlebar things here as well, as it’s a handlebar thread and I’d like to keep the information consolidated. If I shouldn’t, someone please let me know.

So, yeah, basically our bars at the clamp are 1″ just like Harley bikes, but taper down to 7/8″ for the controls.

Kuryakyn (really popular cruiser accessories) makes a bar adapter (spacer) that allows for 1″ accessories to clamp onto 7/8″ inch bars. I thought I’d use a couple to clamp a 7/8″ bar to our 1″ clamps. My thinking was that this allows us to use any 7/8″ bars available.

I ended up getting the Renthal Raptor (607-01) bars. These gave a high rise, decent sweep, and enough room for the controls. I ended up cutting off about a 1/2″ off of each side of the bars as the width didn’t allow for the cables to be relaxed and I didn’t want to mess with cable routing.

I think they’re great so far, the position is more upright for me instead of sporty. I did drill the bars to fit the controls as they both have pegs and I didn’t want to grind the pegs off. I’ve done that before and, even with grip tape, the controls would slide around.

As a side note, Yamaha mirrors fit. I got WR250 mirrors, but they’re smaller and don’t allow for greater visibility. I find myself twisting when I use them. Shame because I think they look great.

Kuryakyn adapter (comes with one, I bought two):

https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/4963/78-handlebar-adapter-kit

Renthal Raptor bars:

https://www.renthal.com/shop/mx-products/handlebars/se-handlebars/atv-se-handlebars?product_id=1983

Pics:

Brian
    Participant

Sasstothefrass, your bar setup looks great and without more tension on the cables, really looks to have worked out well. Again, while mine downtown seem to have any significant pull on the cables even at full lock one direction or the other, I still think I may make some adjustments to be sure no issues arise.

As for the custom rear spring from Race Tech, installation and installing internal spacers in the fork, all in was about $360.  This lowered the seat height just a bit over 1”.  Again, for me, it was something I really needed to do to feel more comfortable on the bike   when coming to a stop in traffic.  It did the trick!

gougha13
    Participant

Sorry to join this thread a couple months later…. My brother recently bought a Vitpilen 401 and is having back pain from the ride posture. I desperately want to help him get the correct risers to help because I can tell he’s really bummed currently that he isn’t comfortable on it.

Does anybody know the diameter of the Vitpilen 401 handlebars?

Brian – could you post the link to the Rox Risers you purchased for 1″ handlebars? I have not had any luck searching on any website for them. I only see Rox Risers for 7/8 and 1 1/8 handlebars. Thanks!

Brian
    Participant

Hi gougha13,

These are the 2” Rox Risers I used and they are for a 1” diameter bar which is common on Harleys apparently. I didn’t care for the three little aesthetic grooves on the side but honesty when in anodized black you don’t notice them at all. So far they have worked out great for me. Well made, solid linkage and give nice adjustability (but makes for a bit tight cables , yet has work fine with my stock cables).  Ordered straight from the manufacturer. Hope this helps:

2" V-Twin / Street Pivoting Handlebar Risers for 1" Handlebar

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.