Svartpilen 401 – Engine Cuts Out [VIDEO]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Copenhagen HuskyCopenhagen Husky
    Participant

Hello there!

Before I bought my Husky in April 2020 I used this forum to read about the possible engine issues with this motorcycle. I went on to buy the motorcycle afterall and have not regret (regretted?) my decision since then! Without a doubt the most fun motorcycle I have ever driven!

BUT … the engine has cut out on me four times now over the past ~2.500 KM. It has happened in vastly different scenarios, but this time I had my GoPro on and caught it.

You can see the video here: https://youtu.be/Td_Coyg0m3c

I have looked through the footage, and my best bet is that the engine was too cold to handle a quick shift up into 4th gear and relatively low speed. I had only been riding for about 4-5 minutes at the time it happened. I do the same thing at 2:08 in the video though and therefore it seems odd if it is the case – unless the motor of course got a little hotter while the motorcycle was stopped.

I thought it would be interesting to share the video here to get peoples input on what might have caused this?

I have had no issues with the motorcycle today and it is my daily commuter.

Best regards,
    Copenhagen Husky

Participant

Maybe a battery not tight enough or “valve clearance” trapped during overhaul of 1000km.

It’s just a guess.. the case of the battery already happened to me but the engine shut off 10 seconds after starts. So for the “valve clearance” it’s the classic symptom, the bike shut off especialy when the engine is hot. Try to put that on the Husky guarentee at your dealeur.

Cheeeerz from France!

Participant

Hi Balti.

Thank you! I will definitely mention that when it goes into the next service, but since it happens on very rare occasions, I don’t think I will take it before that.

Did you have one that needed the valve clearance fixed?

Cheers from Denmark!

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Have you tried not filling the fuel up to the max?

Participant

Hi B.I.Savage

Yeah, I did see somewhere on here that someone else had had a similiar issue that seemed to be fixed with not filling the tank all the way up.

I will try to go by that suggestion and see whether or not the engine cuts out over the next couple of weeks.

Best regards,
    Copenhagen Husky.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

I fill it now based on the noise it makes.

When it’s on the kickstand, I stop when it sounds like a bottle filling up full; at that point, when looking the level, the fuel is bit below the black plastic in the tank.

After reading the apparent reasons as to why this happens with and “overfull” tank, it seems logical.

Participant

Alright. And you have not experienced issues with it stopping every since?

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Hopefully I dont jinx it, but yeah.

Used to happen frequently, hasn’t happened since.

Guages still read 7 bars (not 8…) after adding fuel with this method, same as before.

On the downside it is probably about a 10km range decrease.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.