Svartpilen 401 2020 -> Does it have Easy Shift (Quickshifer)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Bastiaan
    Participant

Just picked up my brand new 2020 Svartpilen (see gallery) after my first 200 KM drive I found some time to read the Manual that came with it.

in the manual is a chapter about easy shift (quick shifter) and it seems that this bike is equipped with this? but is it? I read about the quickshifter+ on the new KTM 390 duke and Adventure 2020 (and its the same engine right?!) but there isn’t any information on the internet about the Husqy having this option.  it almost seems that im the first one around riding the 2020 version (at least in The Netherlands)..

I phoned the dealer and they couldn’t tell me, because there is nothing in the specs, brochure or on the website of Husqvarna itself. (they will contact Husqvarna for me)

anyone here knows the answer?

pala
    Participant

I picked up my new 2020 Svartpilen yesterday in the north of Sweden and drove it home 300km in 4 degrees celsius, after the first 100km i didn´t feel my hands anymore. I am 48 years old and has owned alot of different bikes, and i must say that this is by far the most fun bike i have ever ridden. I also read my owners manual after arriving home(and feeling my hands again) and saw that chapter in the manual about this bike having the Easy Shift feature. Today, the first of may is a national holiday in Sweden so i will contact my dealer on monday to check this out.

Max Kool
    Participant

How about just trying to upshift without closing the throttle?

Bastiaan
    Participant

@pala: same here, just turned 40, had several bikes , nakeds chopper supersport tour supermoto but this one is realy fun. Less is more they say right 😜 no need to worry in the corners just keep on the gas (max 7500rpm during break-in) and go 🙂

so its not only my manual that have the easy shift chapter. Hope that your dealer does know the answer.!

@max: i tried upshifting with no clutch and holding the throttle and it will shift. But I want to be sure this is safe. Also downshifts are mentioned in the manual.  Im still in the break-in period and dont want to force anything 😜

Bastiaan
    Participant

Hi Pala, did you get an answer from the dealer? I did but the answer is that they dont exactly know… also Husqvarna Netherlands Doesnt know for sure

Max Kool
    Participant

@bastiaan just try it. If it works, it works. Apparently you can do upshifts with the throttle open and no clutch. So yeah, makkelijker kunnen we het niet maken….  😉

1 keer terugschakelen proberen en je weet het.

Bastiaan
    Participant

Haha true, but i dont want to damage anything 🙂 i also tried downshift , works also but you can do that on any bike…

Rider_Kim
    Participant

I think you better grabbing the clutch lever before shifting.

Anti-hopping slipper clutch was developed for reducing locking or hopping of rear wheel when changing gear by adding some damping mechanism on clutch. That is all.

Gear shifting is done at transmission gears, not at clutch.

Clutch is a device like switch. It connects or disconnects the power transmitted to main shaft from crank shaft.

If you shift gear without grabbing the clutch lever, the torque from crank shaft goes directly to transmission  assembly and may damage some parts.  The torque stress may be lesser in anti-hopping clutch than in ordinary clutch. It might be done during blinking moment.  However, I think it is better to hold and let go clutch lever when you shift gear.

pala
    Participant

Hello again, i have now done my first 1000km service and the dealer confirms that the bike has a Quick Shifter just as the manual says. The ECM cuts the ignition for a short time just during shift and WOT and therefore not damaging the gearbox. I always uses the cluth when shifting gears, but now i now the gearbox can handle a quick shift. It´s realy nice to be able to rev to 9500 rpm after the first service, and you can program the shiftlight to the rpm you want.

Vanessa
    Participant

Daaaym! Wish I could have that on my 2019 SP401.

Bastiaan
    Participant

Niceeee! I am at 995 km right now and will call the dealer for the first service, very annoying the rev limiter… especially in the dark with the red light blinking when driving 120..

also very nice about the quickshifter! I think it works better at higher rpm so will try that asap!

thnx pala for responding!

quickshifter is here

Bastiaan
    Participant

Thnx, on mine it looks different.. maybe a cover?

FranknStein7
    Participant

Ha, I’ve driven the bike 500 miles, and I’m just learning it has a quickshifter! Husqvarna’s documentation has been terrible on the 2020 model. My bike didn’t even come with a manual (the dealer said it was on its way). I had heard rumors of a quickshifter but just assumed it didn’t make it to the final 2020 model (in the US at least). I mean, Husqvarna doesn’t even seem to mention it on their website anywhere. You think they would want to advertise it. I also wanted to confirmed that it has a quickshifter before I started jamming on the shifter without clutching. My bike looks like the picture Bastiaan posted.

Wenny
    Participant

I did a test drive at my local dealership today and the sales person confirmed that the 2020 model definitely has the Quickshifter build in!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.