Svart from north Italy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone,

i’m Richard from north of Italy,¬† near Venice.

I buy a Svartpilen in April 2018 and now i do 11.500 without any problem! Now i want to customize a little, starting from exaust but is so expensive the factory Akrapovic¬† model…

I’m also tinking something about the colour…

Participant

sardinia summer 2018

VirginianVirginian
    Participant

Looks great! What a great photo of your bike!

Kylander79Kylander79
    Participant

Hey Richard, nice picture.

If U seek for a better exhaust, consider the Shark DSX-10. It has an EC-conformity label and comes with the mounting bracket especially designed for the Svartpilen 401. I ordered mine yesterday and hope to receive it end of week – will post pictures and soundfiles then. Current pricing here in Germany is 380 Euros.

Participant

Anybody tried to take dB off from factory exhaust?

Participant

There is an American guy on YouTube who has a couple of videos about mods he has done to his 401. One of which is he took out the DB killer in the stock pipe. Sounds much better.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I’m planning to give this a go too, once my bike has passed it’s running in service. Gotta get some stainless steel rivets, looking for some anodised black ones as I think they’ll look better on the exhaust end cap.

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

@Bigwanno any idea what his Youtube channel is called ?

Participant

I’m not sure but Bigwanno may be referring to this guy

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by AvatarBobby B.
    Participant

Maybe you’re thinking of this video ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td2Ds5auqV4&list=LLUIlqjQBhialTkTDY6fZerA&index=2&t=0s

American dude, who dremmeled out the DB killer of his stock exhaust. Claims it sounds better than any aftermarket exhaust. Not sure about that, especially if you use a decat pipe, but sounds much much better than with the DB killer in it.

Follow up video with a bit more info on the DB killer removal : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td2Ds5auqV4

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.