Start of the Vit build

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Love this forum, and all the ideas!  Just picked up a 2018 Vitpilen 401.  Has black fairings, Akropovic slip on and that’s about it.  Plan on turning it into a fire road/light trail machine, but here it is as it sits.  So far have ordered TKC80’s for front and back (that may have been a little overkill), LED indicators front and back, fender eliminator, and cat delete.  

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by AvatarDuffy.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by AvatarDuffy.
    Participant

Tires (see how this goes):

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by AvatarDuffy.
    ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Looks good.  If you are going to hit the fire roads, might want to look into guards for your radiator and engine case.

Post some pics when you get the tires mounted.

Participant

Did you just grab this off Kijiji? I was looking at the same one! haha

Participant

Nope that was me posting it, I was ready to give up.  Then I changed my mind and making it happen 🙂

Ordered a Trex skid plate and rad guard, luckily have a buddy in Houston to ship it to me which was WAY cheaper than having company ship to Canada.

Rear tire “mounted”. Need to add 2 links to chain it looks like so it clears front.  Only have one stand working for bike so tomorrow the front tires gets done.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by AvatarDuffy.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by AvatarDuffy.
    Participant

Both tires on!  It’s a tight fit, and can’t wait until the fender eliminator shows up.  Ended up getting a 120 chain thinking the stock one was too short, but then had to take 3 links out, so maybe the stock chain would have been fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.