Stainless “Decat” shroud brackets

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    BferrisscBferrissc
    Participant

Looks very clean – nice.

BferrisscBferrissc
    Participant

OK, I’m got the Bad Winners mounts for the bellypan with a de-cat (in my case Leo Vince).   Only took 4 days to get to California from France!   Pricy shipping, but that was great, well packed and good looking kit.

I was asked for a detail install, so here goes – in multiple posts (damn forum).

From the cat mount, I needed the bellypan mount to cat screws, the old bellypan and the front mount – I had removed the front mount when I installed the Leovince decat.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by BferrisscBferrissc.
    BferrisscBferrissc
    Participant

First thing I did was remove the Leovince decat, since the this mounts above it.   I also loosened the rest of the exhaust – the muffler mount (Ihave the OEM stock on) and I also need to loosen the header pipe bolts so I could wiggle it.   The fit with my decat was very tight.

I put the front mount back – you need to slip it between the engine and the header pipe – another reason to loosen the header.    Then mount the front with the long polished spacer on the right bike side – this is visible, so nicely polished.

BferrisscBferrissc
    Participant

Next mounted the back right to the  LeoVince rubber mount.  They provide a bolt, but the Leovince has a rubber mount for the decat, so mounted behind that.

On the rear left, used the old cat mount point with the provided bolt.

BferrisscBferrissc
    Participant

The next is the hard part, refitting the LeoVince Decat.   A lot of wiggling around.  I tightened up the front clamp first – not fully tight, but enough that I could still twist the decat, then got the back clamp seated.   At this point, I went around tightening each mount point a bit at a time.    The bellypan mounts, barely touches the decat a but no real pressure.

BferrisscBferrissc
    Participant

After that it was easy to screw on the bellypans at the top to the mount.   Didn’t need to adjust anything, just bolted right up.    The next step is to put the bottom braces on the bellypan.  Again, everything seemed to align fine, although the back one was very close to the decat.

BferrisscBferrissc
    Participant

So – took about an hour.  Everything feels solid – nice to have the bellypan back.

BferrisscBferrissc
    Participant

The other side…

David BrazilDavid Brazil
    Participant

This is great. Exactly what I needed to see – thank you very much for the write up.

Curious how you mounted your own design without the drop-down mount that you replaced here to fit the BW hardware? Did you use one of the side-case mount screws or something different?

Again, thanks for all the info.

BferrisscBferrissc
    Participant

Not sure of the question?   The LeoVince doesn’t use the cat front mount, but provides a spacer, so you can remove the front mount and use the spacer to keep the original engine mount bolt.  Was nice.

To put it back on for use with the BW bellypan mount, I just undid the nut, slipped the space out and dropped the cat front mount back in.

If I had left it hanging down before, it would have been easier.

BferrisscBferrissc
    Participant

Not sure of the question?   The LeoVince doesn’t use the cat front mount, but provides a spacer, so you can remove the front mount and use the spacer to keep the original engine mount bolt.  Was nice.

To put it back on for use with the BW bellypan mount, I just undid the nut, slipped the space out and dropped the cat front mount back in.

If I had left it hanging down before, it would have been easier.

@Bferrisc, thanks man! Your post helps me enormously! I also fitted the full Leo-Vince system and was doubting whether the decat would fit with the brackets. Your post answers all my question. Ordered mine straight away! That’s why I love forums and people like yourselves – always a helping hand somewhere around the world. High five plus thumbs up from the Netherlands

David BrazilDavid Brazil
    Participant

I’m sorry, I was thinking you were the OP, and I was curious how he mounted his home-made mounts.

Again, thanks for your write-up.

Cheers.

BferrisscBferrissc
    Participant

Bad winners now has a video on the install…  a day too late for me 🙂

coelacanthcoelacanth
    Participant

Thanks very much for the tutorial and photos, Bferrissc. I have the same LV defat mid pipe so this is very useful.

Mine is on its way. BTW, now you can order from the US on their website.

I think those shrouds do complete the look of the bike (in my case, a Svart 701). Can’t wait to install the bracket.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.