S&S Exhaust

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just got my S&S ftr750 race muffler in for the 701 exhaust build.  I have a big love for flat trackers and thought this would be a nice pipe for the bike, though it’s no Indian race bike 🙂

Getting my Leo Vince decat in the mail around late September which will give me some time to mock up the tail end of the exhaust.

Attached are photos of the main end game (minus the decat).

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

I like it!  Hoping to see videos once it is all in!!!

Participant

Thanks!  It’s getting there, got the link pipe from the cat to the muffler in last night, now waiting on a 2″ID and 2.25″OD reducer to get the muffler on!  Already test fitted the pipe and the sound is amazing.

Looking forward to see what the sound will be once I get the leo vince decat in late September!

I’ll post videos soon.

MaxenceMaxence
    Participant

Can’t wait to see more about this one ! Let us know 😉 thanks

Participant

Thoughts?  I’m thinking about cutting the mid pipe and having the overall area of the muffler hitting about 1 1/2″ lower then what it sits at now.  I don’t have it mounted to a bracket since I will have to fab that, just wanted you guys to get an idea of where I was on it and get y’all’s thoughts.

Please excuse my poor video, I didn’t really get on it since some of my neighbors were pulling in from work.

MaxenceMaxence
    Participant

Hey, the bike looks sick like that !

But there is no collar to hold the muffler ? On this kind of engine (mono cylinder) there is a lot of  vibration (shaking), might be dangerous no ?

And another question, why there is spring fasteners at the bottom of the muffler ? But no spring..

Thanks for sharing it

Participant

Thanks Maxence,

As I mentioned in my post, I shared this for a quick update and am fabricating the bracket and wrapping things up this weekend into next week.

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

I like the sound, rambunctious yet reserved. In all seriousness, she has got some growl in her, & I like the look of that can! well done, curious to see what your bracket looks like when complete. Look at those chicken strips!

Participant

Thanks Wvblsckgun, it’s throaty which you definitely wouldn’t know with the lame stock pipe on it. I hope to get her knocked out within the next week and get y’all a good fly by.

MaxenceMaxence
    Participant

Hey, sorry I didn’t see the muffler come from another bike !

Good job then 😉

Participant

Maxence,

The muffler didn’t come from another bike, it’s just the race muffler for ftr750’s built by S&S.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.