Sprockets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I would like to go up a few teeth on the rear sprocket of my Vitpilen 701.  I’m looking to keep the same size front sprocket and shift the rear wheel forward a bit.

Any advice on where I can get a good steel 44 to 46 tooth sprocket from?

I’m in Aus, no doubt I’ll have to import as we only sell iron ore and don’t actually make anything out of it.  I’d rather avoid buying something made in China if I can.  I’m happy to pay more to avoid that.

Any help would be appreciated.

NampusNampus
    Participant

I’m guessing this would fit:

https://www.mxonlineaustralia.com.au/rk-rear-sprocket-44t-ktm-690-duke-r-10-17

Measure the current sprocket to be safe.

But that should fit our bikes.

Participant

Thanks Nampus

Participant

any of the KTM off road ones fit ( make sure it’s for a 520 pitch chain).16:46 might be a stretch- literally. I managed 15:45 on a Duke and it was doable.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Avatarjpgibson.
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

You might have to buy a new (longer) chain. On my SP401 I went up 1 tooth on the rear sprocket and the stock chain wouldn’t cope. Had to buy a new chain, ended up a bit more expensive than I originally thought. But totally worth it from a city riding perspective.

Participant

I don’t think of 45 tooth will fit on the back with the stock chain and the stock front sprocket. I have tried a45 tooth on mine and it won’t go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.