Spring preload adjustment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi i just received got my vitpilen 401 an found the rear suspension really stiff. I need help adjusting the preload but i do not know how many clicks to adjust it. I weigh about 65 kg it would be nice if someone could help me with this.

Participant

I would set  it around 6 or 7 for your weight (default is 5), me at 90kg with gear on I have to set it to max (10) preload to reduce the sag to about 35mm

I measured the Front sag for mine and it is about 35mm front which is good because we can’t change anything there but some people find it stiff.

Participant

actually, I remeasure making sure I did it properly, ignore my previous measurement, totally wrong.

Front sag is about  45mm  so I reduced rear preload to 9 clicks which brings rear sag to 45mm for me aswell at 90kg to make it even. I would try 6 clicks for you at 65kg  to also get 45mm sag at the rear,

the front doesn’t seem to be affected much by your body weight so its likely you’ll be at 45mm as well or slightly less.

according to the experts we need to be some where between 30-40mm sag front and rear, but not possible with stock suspension, so need to upgrade suspension for me

Participant

It’s me again, below is from Ohlins booklet, so it suggest that rear to have less sag than front, rather than even amount of sag, so I will use max preload on the rear to which will reduce it to just under 40mm rear and 45mm front (with rider) for me at 90kg

just FYI,  Static sag for the 401 is about  13mm rear and 30mm front which I guess is good enough.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.