Smudges on plastic fairings

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

I don’t imagine I’m the only one with this problem. Has anyone ever dealt with the smudges that build up around the key ignition area of their fairings? I tend to get a lot of black smudges due to having a keyring worth of stuff on my bike keys.

Its now building up and a general wash isn’t enough to take it off. I’ve tried clay bar as well but that doesn’t do the trick. Im scared to experiment with these plastic fairings, as I fear a certain solution may be too harsh on the plastics that it might damage them.

Does anyone have any tips on what I should use to get rid of the smudges?

Thanks guys.

Participant

I learnt awhile ago only to have one key in the ignition. Pulled into a petrol station to get fuel, went to turn the bike off, no keys, no bike key, no house keys.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Yep, I only have the bike ignition key on it’s own in the ignition barrel when riding. No other keys or keyrings on it, just my piece of lucky ribbon.

NampusNampus
    Participant

Same here, just the key. I never understood how people just let a whole keyring full of sharp and pointy keys completely destroy the finnish on the top yoke.

Bikes only a couple months old, looking brand new, but the top yoke completely scratched to **** because of a bunch of keys. Why!?

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

@nampus yep, precisely my thoughts too.

Participant
    Participant

Everyone has a good point.

Keychain on the bike is no longer. But is anyone able to help me with the smudge problem?

The fairings get smudges even just by general daily use.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.