Slip on Exhaust for 390 Duke interchangable?

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jimmywine
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone can be certain if slip on cans designed for the KTM duke will also fit the Svartpilen?

I Really like the Remus Exhaust, and I know they make one for the vitpilen 401, however it seems to be unavaliable in Canada. I saw a post where the Competition Werks Decat pipe  for the duke was installed on a vitpilen so it would seem that the plumbing is the same?

Remus S-Flow Full Exhaust Systems 2017-2018 KTM 390 Duke

Janluke
    Participant

On the Remus I think the fixed bracket would be the issue. The passenger footrests appear to be lower on the Svartpilen. Oddly it looks like the original ktm exhaust would fit minus the bracket but not the one linked. I havent tried it but my local dealer has a 390/Svartpilen side by side in the showroom and its one of the things I looked at figuring there would be more 390 accessorises

Jimmywine
    Participant

I guess I’ll have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up, I wonder if they will at all. In the North American market, it’s my feeling that small bikes just don’t sell that well, unless they’re really cheap beginner bikes from Japan. At the two KTM dealerships near me the 390s have sold really poorly as everyone thinks they need a litre bike to have fun. The husky dealer I bought my Svartpilen from received only the one svart. They’ll have to make and sell more bikes before the after market takes it seriously. Hope I’m wrong.

galavoxx
    Participant

I wrote a nice detailed reply to this thread but it did not post for some reason or got deleted.  ANyway, here is the short version. I have tried 3 aftermarket KTM Duke exhausts on the Svartpilen. These have included an inexpensive Duke 2014 OEM underbelly exhaust, the Duke Competition Werks GP and the Duke Olsen Performance GP. All required to bend the exhaust mounting tabs on the frame to fit the exhaust through the space behind the engine. I also had to install a Tyga Header to get any of these to fit, since the 2018 Svartpilen exhaust has a cat and different clamps, existing Duke/RC exhaust systems cannot mount up to the new header configuration. The Competition Werks looked awesome but was waaay too loud with, even with a Bristol Core repack. It will deafen you and I’m not sure how anyone runs the thing, even with earplugs. I sold it. The Olsen sounds perfect and looks great when mounted but none of the brackets line up. I have it zip tied at the moment but am hoping to have the mounting tabs replaced at a local shop. That said, I’m sure other off-the-shelf options will be available in the next year.

galavoxx
    Participant

Check this photo.

Husky exhaust Olsen

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by galavoxx.
    Darkarrowmoto
    Participant

I did the arrow exhaust. Tis awesome.

galavoxx
    Participant

Looks good!

Darkarrowmoto
    Participant

more importantly: SOUNDS GOOD.  the old pea shooter wasnt cutting it. I was afraid of not being heard/seen

Jimmywine
    Participant

So that’s Arrow slip on designed for the duke?

Darkarrowmoto
    Participant

Yes. Dark thunder. But anything duke 390 2017 and up.

Luwys007
    Participant

@darkarrowmoto hey man i know this is an extremely old post but i thought i would comment anyway. that duke 390 slip on you said you had to reorder that pipe linkage was that mistake on the manufacture or that just how it comes ?

Darkarrowmoto
    Participant

It’s been a bit. I think I originally ordered for the wrong year duke so I had to find that mid pipe.

Luwys007
    Participant

@darkarrowmoto ahhh i see so if i where to purchase the 2017 dark thunder kit i shouldn’t have any issues ?

ABs18Vit401
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Just to confirm for im digging around too..So the arrow dark thunder slip on for 17 and up ktm duke 390 is interchangeable? Mods required? Ty!</p>

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by ABs18Vit401.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.