Slip on + cat delete, piggyback ECU needed?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys, new on here.

I have a 2018 Vitpilen 401. Currently have a Leo Vince LV10 slip on fitted.

I’m looking to do a cat delete aswell, I want lots of noise.

Curious as to whether I will need a piggyback ECU (either the Coober or Powertronic) to accompany the cat delete.

I’m mostly concerned about potentially damaging the engine, assuming it’ll maybe run lean with both the cat delete and slip on together?

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

You could just try removing the central silencer box (the one that sits under/in the bike, next to the rear shock) first, and leave the cat in place and see if that is loud enough for you? Then you wouldn’t need a re-tune or additional ECU.

Participant

Is that the big black box? I was looking at the link pipe, which keeps the first silencer/cat rather than the whole delete pipe.

Participant

If you havent already bought one, I have a LeoVince header pipe for the same model that I’m not using which you can buy off me? Also have a spare DNA air filter going as well. Neither have been used and were bought in the last 2 months

Feel free to PM if interested 🙂

Participant

I’ve just bought an Arrow link pipe. I got it really cheap as the shop I work for has an account with the Arrow Importer in Aus where I am. Thanks for the offer though!

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Yep, the big black box. That isn’t the cat by the way, it’s an additional silencer (muffler). The cat is the smaller first silencer which is closer to the engine, located inside the frame on the left hand side of the bike. Like I said, try keeping the cat but removing the big black box with a link pipe. It should be louder.

Participant

That’s for your help, much appreciated!

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

BradSpeed, I have had no cat and no 2nd muffler, just the large black 1st muffler.  I also have a Coober open air box lid and no tune.  It’s been 500 miles now with no issues.  It will make your bike louder with deeper sound and the occasional pop/crackle when coming off the throttle at higher RPM.  Feels good, sounds good, and runs good!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.