Shight Arrow

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I started watching this bike closely in 2018. In May 2019 I set my sights on one. In December 2019 I finally bought one. It is a beautiful motorcycle, from every angle! The MSRP was ridiculous, but fortunately I only paid $7900 for a new 2018 in December of 2019. After 35 years of owning dozens of Japanese bikes I was anxious to see what Husqvarna had beyond a dirtbike(I have a ‘94 610).  After spending a little time with this bike, that was billed as a premium motorcycle, I have to say I’m disappointed. Based on appearance only, I expect I will keep it polished and parked in my garage for the rest of my life. It is a “pure” riding experience! And the geometry is good! (The instrument cluster is awful and at least 10 years outdated). And the motor is good, especially for a single. The gearing isn’t quite right, I tried to put a 45 tooth rear sprocket but, it will not fit with the stock chain.  But also important, it is not great to work on, it is not great to do maintenance on, and it has fuel tank issues and slave cylinder issues and who knows what else. I have had Kawasaki‘s with over 150,000 miles with incredible performance right to the end. A little bummed. It just does not have the fit and finish and ease of maintenance, not to mention incredible performance, that a Japanese bike has. I’m not selling it though, it is a work of art that will always grace the entrance of my garage.</p>

Participant

I like riding mine.  And the leak will soon be fixed I hope.  But I have to agree.  After years on working on MX bikes.  Its an absolute pain in the arse.  No thought from the designer about maintenance at all.  But I’m getting through that.  I’ll put a different chain on mine too.  Despite going up in the back and down in the front sprocket.  I’d rather have a clean and tidy chain and do the maintenance that use an o-ring anyway.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Quick question about maintenance, it’s not that bad once you have tank off, right?

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

Also what maintenance job in particular are you talking about that is troublesome could you explain?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.