Shift Light Gremlins

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Left for work this morning on a dry, brisk 40° day. Less than a mile in and the shift Light starts blinking red. The problem with that is that I’m at a stop light, not moving, with the bike in first and the clutch pulled in. So I pull off the main road and after stopping put it in neutral. Light goes away. Put it in first starts blinking again. Click it up to second and it goes from blinking to solid red. This is all at a stop. Decide that I should take it back home and all the same things will moving. Blinking in first, solid red 2nd through 4th. Until it goes away completely after a half mile and all seems normal. Anyone else have this experience?

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Did the problem return at some point?

Participant

It just happened this morning  (Dec 18th) and I decided to drive to work because of it. So no idea yet.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Fingers crossed (and keep us posted please).

QwandreeQwandree

I would suspect the gear position sensor, which if is the culprit won’t effect your ability to ride the bike. I wouldn’t use the quick shifter until you take it to dealer though.

Participant

Thanks for the input. I also just hit 600 miles, so time for the first service anyway. Sounds like it will be a little more involved!

NampusNampus
    Participant

I had this exact same thing happen when I rode home after I got the first 600 mile service done. I was only about 6 miles from the dealer so I returned. Like yours the problem disappeared after a mile or so. Dealer hooked it up to the diagnostics, it sad it registered a can failure. They cleared the memory, and never had a problem again. I wouldn’t worry about it.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by NampusNampus.
    Participant

Sorry for the late follow up on this, but same as Nampus, there was a CAN failure registered. Cleared it, haven’t had a problem since. I now know there are fiber optics on this bike and that scares me. I can follow voltages and ohms, but that’s going to be something I can’t do anything about if that fails.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.