Service Light Reset Issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

After my oil change I tried to reset my service interval, but instead of jumping up to 4,650 miles (7,500 km) it reset back to 620 miles (1000 km).

I rode it a couple miles to tick away at the “next service” miles and when i go to reset it, it jumps back to 620 miles.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

MotoIncognito
    Participant

I just did the first service myself, and I’d like to know how you reset the service interval. My dealer said it requires some sort of dealer-only tool.

Travis
    Participant

Kalvinsaid – did you ever figure that issue on the service reset? I’ll be at service 1 soon enough…

Anonymous

@Travis, I called the dealer and received the same answer as @MotoIncognito. In that sense, no I haven’t been able to resolve the issue.

I did some research by browsing the KTM forums and it seems that while we retain the feature to reset our service interval; Vitpilens/Svartpilens simply dont have the feature of changing our service interval mileage. I figured the dealer resets the interval AND increases the mileage interval.

I’ve always used Trip B to monitor my oil changes and Trip A to monitor my gas tank so it isn’t that big of a deal.

As for a resolution, im going to have to just wait till im ever riding in the area of a husky dealer and hope they wont charge me to change my interval to something higher than 620 miles.

Travis
    Participant

That is, if the dealer can actually change it properly..

mitch
    Participant

If you’re looking for just how to at least clear the warning, here it is.

Press Mode until it shows the odometer. Then press Set until you see the wrench icon. Then press and hold Set for 10 seconds. The value will reset to 621 and you won’t get the start up warning anymore.

My dealer just did the service, didn’t reset this, and they are annoyingly far away.

Svartpilen410
    Participant

i had the same issue at my first service, which I had done at my not-so-local dealer. the dealer got husqvarna on the phone and they were unable to find a way to reset correctly to the next appropriate service 2 interval  (7500km).

There is no special dealer tool to do this, it is all done through the pushbuttons like mitch describes above.

so it looks like we will all have to keep resetting this service interval countdown to avoid the warning light until it actually lines up with the correct mileage for that next service.

ichbinbier
    Participant

There is no special dealer tool to do this, it is all done through the pushbuttons like mitch describes above.

My dealer says the opposite. There is a tool that they have to rent from KTM and it logs in to the computer on the bike. The dealer stated that if you stole a bike off the floor you could not get it started. The dealer tool is needed to prove that the bike was bought and then it can be started.
    The tool reads the VIN and and all info on the bike.
    After my first oil change they reset the next to 7,500 km.
    As I also own a EFI Ural and in order to sync the throttle bodies you need a dealer tool.
    I found a dealer going out of business and bought the tool. So my first question after the breakin on the Huskie was where can I buy the tool.
    So unless I can find a dealer that is going out of business I may never get the tool myself for the Huskie.

DAP831
    Participant

There is a repair manual DVD part#3403075. It has instructions on how to reset the service indicator light. You do not need a special tool

Anonymous

yeah i have it on order. you…wouldn’t happen to know the instructions now would you? (to reset to 7.5km)

DAP831
    Participant

I don’t remember for sure, when I did my oil I was just a few miles short of the service light appearing, so I didn’t get to do it. I think you hit mode till you get to ODO, then hold mode for 10secs.

Unfortunately, my laptop does not have a DVD drive, and I am not sure when I will be able to get home to check it on my old desktop. I will look it up when I can.

Anonymous

that issue we’re having isn’t actually resetting it, but the interval. the repair manuals method allows us to reset the interval from 1000km to 7500km?

DAP831
    Participant

I will look it up when I can get home.

DAP831
    Participant

The manual says you can only reset the interval, not change the interval distance.

DAP831
    Participant

Mine just did the same thing, reset per the repair manual and it reset to 621 miles. My local Husqvarna dealer is of no help, and the dealer I bought it from is nearly 2 hrs away.  Gotta love all the computer BS on these bikes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.