Second Service

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Second service – 7500km: (pouring rain)

Oil (15w50 Top Speed) + Filter / Screen, Air Filter, Bike Check.

160 Euro

Didnt see gold flakes in the oil screens like previously.

Clutch cable is a bit rough depending on steering angle; monitor.

Considering a switch to 300v & Hiflo Filtro oil filter at 10000km, any thoughts or experiences?

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Not sure about going full synthetic and hiflo filter.  I’m a firm believer of frequent oil and filter changes being more beneficial than expensive oil and filters.  Get what gives you peace of mind, but don’t buy junk.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>What about valve clearance? Heard mixed input on valve clearance check being done on second service vs. first service.  If you already had it done, your probably good.</p>

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Valves are not till service 3 at 15k km on the newer 373cc engines with the updated clearances.

This is my first non 4 cylinder bike and it seems to like to show me that I have a lot to learn.

Air filter for example, got the k&n, didnt like it after 1 ride went back to stock.  Tried the dna, went back to stock.

I’ve always used a k&n on everything, but my 401 didnt like it.

So I am hoping that doesn’t apply to oil too, because I’ve always used full syn and hiflo on my 4 cylinder bikes…

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Dang, I’m about to upgrade my filter… Now I have to rethink.  Over $100 for a tiny filter seems steep.

What was it about the filters you didn’t like?  Do you have the filters? Possibly for sale.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

1. Felt like the cotton filters created a flat spot in the power curve both with the coober lid and without. (I’m sure an engineer could explain why this is obvious)

2. Even when mentioning the reason I didnt like them, I was able to resell them as used in less than 5 seconds…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.