seat height

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    ToddTodd
    Participant

The struggle is real! The bike is tall for the vertically challenged. I’m currently running the Kouba link. I have not lowered the front yet because of the side stand. The bike would be standing straight up and most likely fall over at some point. Has anyone seen a shorter side stand?

rod frostrod frost
    Participant

Might want to check out the complete lowing kit ( that includes kick stand). https://www.ktm-parts.com/28012955044.html

ToddTodd
    Participant

Will that kit work on a 701?

rod frostrod frost
    Participant

I would sent the parts people above an email, they are good at  getting back really fast.

Participant

By changing a shorter rear shock absorber, I managed to lower the seat without the need of the Koubalink lowering kit that I have used. Let me know if any of you is interested in getting the 2nd-hand Koubalink dogbone for a lower price too. 🙂A shorter Ohlins shock absorber

Participant

I am 5’6″ with inside leg of around 30″ I can just tip toe with both feet, I do not find it a problem tbh UK Rider I put my right foot down, as the camber of the roads make that the shortest distance to the ground, I use front brake if need, then it is easy to just put in gear with left, it is a light bike as well and as quite a straight leg stance to the ground it is quite easy and not an issue.

Hyper Pro may do a progressive spring and then drop the front a bit, that would probably get you 25 mm and doubt it will be any difference handling wise.

I fitted one of those springs for my KTM Adventure S and had the side stand shortened and plate welded on. made no difference to the handling.

Practice makes perfect though and it would not take long to get used to the Vit 701  at a standard height.

Just do not use the front brake on slow ride manoeuvring around, it is all about not letting the weight change direction quickly.

Good Luck

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.