Seat hard to remove?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey all, just took delivery of my Vitpilen on Sunday, woohoo!

However I have what might be a stupid question. I can’t seem to remove the seat. When I turn the key in the seat lock I can hear/feel a latch popping on the back of the seat, but it doesn’t budge. Are there more clips or something? Should it take some force to remove? I didn’t want to pull on it too much and break something. It’s supposed to just lift up from the back, yes?

rlaruerlarue
    Participant

No, it doesn’t exactly just lift up, you’ll need to raise the rear of it up and pull it back and lift it off. It does take a little bit of effort to get on, but not as much as it takes to put it back on. Do it a few times and you’ll get the hang of it. Do you have the manual? If so it has directions in there.

Participant

Thanks! I’ll try that when I get home.  I do have the manual and looked last night, but I think I was just looking at the section for unlocking the seat and not actually removing it so it wasn’t very helpful.

rlaruerlarue
    Participant

It’ll look like this:

Participant

Thanks dudes, it’s actually super easy to remove now that I got it off and see how it works.

Second stupid question, what is this dangly tube on the left side and why’s it so dangly?

My only guess is part of a fuel evap system? Not sure if this thing even has one. Must be a drain for something. I hate how it hang out there though

Participant

Yes, likely a gas tank breather / overflow because I can’t find any such hose under the engine. There’s a rubber clamp missing in your photo, it should be attached on the left of the chain decal.

Participant

Figures, thanks. I guess they either forgot to put the clamp on the bike or it somehow got knocked off during shipping (had the bike shipped cross county via HaulBikes).

Guess I’ll just find somewhere to ziptie it out of the way.

Participant

Participant

I’m having the opposite issue, can not get the seat to lock into place. I’m getting everything lined up, and it’s sitting proper. Seems like the latch stays loose.  Looking at the lock itself, it’s sitting vertically, is the lock feature on it further to the left? It feels like I’m about to break the key if I try to turn it further left. Maybe the lock mechanism itself is broken? Anyone experience something similar? Thanks so much.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.