Savage’s Commuter Bike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

So here it is.

Commuter Svartpilen: (the list)

• Puig Dark Smoke
    • ProBrake Midi Bare
    • Evotech 701 Heavy Weight Bar Ends
    • Domino A010 On-Road
    • Mo.View Glassless
    • Ibex Cooler Grill
    • Moose 1,6 Bar
    • HQV Rekluse
    • GB Covers
    • HQV Style Seat
    • HQV Rear Rack
    • Stock Air Filter
    • Shido LTX14 LION
    • HyperPro Rear Suspension
    • HQV Racing Pegs (Driver & Passenger)
    • Stock Header / Stock CAT / Stock Premuffler
    • Leo GP One (with both eaters installed cause its better that way)
    • D.I.D. vx3 with Stock KTM Silent
    • Cobrra Oiler
    • Supersprox Stealth Custom

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Und jetzt passt’s.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Nice bike, but I have no idea what 1/3rd of the items on your list are. I mean for instance, what’s a ProBrake Midi Bare? Or a Mo. View Glassless?

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Ok, here goes again:

• Puig Dark Smoke Windshield
    • ProBrake Midi Bare Metal Colored Levers
    • Evotech Performance Vitpilen 701 Heavy Weight Bar Ends
    • Domino A010 On-Road Grips
    • MotoGadget Mo.View Glassless Mirrors
    • Ibex Cooler Grill
    • Moose Racing 1,6 Bar Radiator Cap
    • HQV Rekluse Clutch
    • GB Racing Secondary Engine Covers
    • HQV Svartpilen Style Seat
    • HQV Svartpilen Rear Rack
    • Stock Air Filter
    • Shido LTX14 LION Battery
    • HyperPro Rear Suspension
    • HQV Racing Pegs (Driver & Passenger)
    • Stock Header / Stock CAT / Stock Premuffler
    • Leo GP One Slip On Exhaust
    • D.I.D. vx3 Chain with Stock KTM Silent Front Sprocket
    • Cobrra Chain Oiler
    • Supersprox Stealth Custom Sprocket
    ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Looks good 👍

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Ah, now I understand, thanks.

May I ask why you changed the radiator cap?

Also, did you change from the stock sprocket ratio too? I did on mine (went with a bigger rear sprocket) and it was much better for my commute.

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

What are the benefits of the larger rear sprocket?

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I posted a reply to your question, and linked to the thread IN THIS FORUM that I started a while ago, and because I used the “insert link” feature, the post is now “awaiting moderation”. Yep, even to link to this very forum, it’s still a pain in the @$$

Sigh

In short it made my bike more peppy and rideable, and was a big improvement.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

I have tried quite a few ratios.

46 is excellent, it keeps you always in the sweet spot of the revs and probably gets you the most out of the bike.

I like the 43 because it feels more between gears than the 46 at typical speeds here and probably helps get the most out of the fuel.

When using the 46 I feels like I am hot rodding and with the 43 I feel like its more chill.

I looked up “gearing commander” in my search engine and it helped me out quite a bit.

I also have a zf dual sprocket in 46 i wanted to try, new in the box.  The quality looks nice. The thing is though, it has the mud slots weight reduction holes which are cool but positioned in such a way that they wouldnt allow me to use my chain Oiler…

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Stock is 45 teeth, Husqvarna offer 44 or 46 as “official” accessory alternatives. So I stayed in that range. My commute is filled with average speed camera zones, and there is only one very short 50mph bit, the rest is 20, 30 or 40mph. So the 46 tooth rear sprocket makes the most sense for me, and transformed my ride.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

As my stock chain wore out I took the opportunity to upgrade as well.  And yes gearing makes a huge difference.

I probably would have kept the 46 had I not gotten tired of accidentally popping wheelies when hitting 4th…

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

Rekluse + ABS Off – Roads = Awesome

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

You must ride a lot if your stock chain has already worn out.

I had to replace my (perfectly fine) stock chain when going to 46 teeth because the stock chain wasn’t long enough. I’ve never managed to wheelie my bike, I’m pretty small and light, and gone WOT in all the gears apart from 1st and it’s never raised the front wheel. I must be doing it wrong.

Is that front tyre a replacement too? Does it come with the writing on the side in white?

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

@Vanessa, changed the cap so my coolant stops coming out from the reservoir overflow so easily.

Got the tip from a ktm mechanic – For some other ktm powered bikes they offer a higher pressure cap directly from ktm.

It still bubbles out it I fill the reservoir exactly one drop above the minimum line, but I’m ok with that.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Ah I see, thanks. Coolant has never bubbled out of my bike. There is coolant in the reservoir, but it’s below the max line. I want to change the coolant but as it’s green in the bike, and yet the Husqvarna recommended top-up or replacement coolant made by Motorex is pink. So I’m not sure what to do. Going to ask my dealer the next time I’m there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.