RPM Limit Settings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Once 1000km/621mi is passed, does the RPM value increase automatically, or does it have to be manually changed?

If it has to be manually changed, what are the proper recommended values for shift speed 1 and shift speed 2?

Based on what I could find about the 390 Duke, I think the new “redline” is 10,000rpm, but I can’t seem to find the spec for the Vitpilen anywhere.

Riding from north of Boston out to Cape Cod tomorrow and hitting 1,000km along the way so I want to know what to expect. And I’m dying to rev this thing over 7,500rpm finally.

Thanks!

Nicke E.Nicke E.
    Participant

I just passed 1000km and the shop adjusted the RPM when they did the service last week. Speed 1 is now in 8500rpm and speed 2 in 10000rpm.  Now we talking 🙂

Participant

When I hit 621mi, the light came on and stayed on for a few seconds, then turned off. And the values were automatically adjusted to their proper values. Great to be able to ride without thinking the revs so much!

Participant

Really!  This unlocked on its own!?  How much faster does it feel?  I hate to admit it to myself, I need more power.  I’m at 525km in 10 days of ownership.  Shouldn’t take much longer.

Participant

You’ll get a little more power out of each gear. To me it’s more just a relief to ride a bit more freely. Also it sounds great revved a bit higher.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.