Reverse shift pattern

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, does anyone know if the shift linkage can be adjusted to change this bike to a reverse shift pattern? Would doing so affect the function of the quickshifter? I’m considering buying one of these bikes, but my last several have all had a reverse shift pattern and I’d prefer to switch my new bike to a reverse shift pattern if possible

Participant

My dealer told me that they couldn’t do it, so i went home and played with it and figured it out. The main issue was clearance between the rod and the rearset.  Here’s how i did it using the stock lever and rod.

1. On the shift lever, move the rod to the other side.

2. Insert a washer in between the shift lever and rearset

<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>3. Unscrew the black shift knuckle and flip it 180 degrees so it’s pointed down. </span>

4. Get a longer M6x1.0 bolt and 2 nuts. Put the bolt through the shift rod joint then put the two nuts on and screw it into the shift knuckle.

Check clearance and make sure you can shift up and down. The rod will be very close, but it will be able to shift properly. I did a couple of test rides and it works perfectly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.