Reverse Polarity on Gauge LCD

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I tried to remove the dash yesterday, I just wanted to remove the cover of it so I could clean it. It looks like some moisture was able to get in and stain the cover.

I couldn’t see how to disconnect the dash from the base of the dash like in the video and I really didn’t want to break anything. I ended up taking off the cover without disconnecting the dash by unscrewing the seven small phillips screws on the underside of the dash.

Participant

I’m not sure I understand what you were having a problem with,  can you take a picture of what your issue is?

MaxenceMaxence
    Participant

Pull out/unplug these two pieces (dashboard and plastic cover) once you had unscrewed those.

Une fois que tu as dévissé les trois visses , il suffit juste de déclipser le cache noir et le compteur en lui même, j’ai entouré les tétons qui s’emboîtent.

Participant

I was trying to disconnect the dash from the green arrow and box that I’ve highlighted here:

Now that I look at it, maybe the dash is disconnected where the orange arrow is. I’m just curious at this point because there’s enough room to open the dash and work on it without disconnecting it. Thanks guys.

MaxenceMaxence
    Participant

Exactly you disconnect it from the orange arrow. And then it’s free to go.

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Very nice mod!</p>

Participant

Figured I’d give another update on this. I purchased some of the colored polarizer off Amazon (super slow shipping from China) and threw it on. Overall like the look, not nearly as dark of a purple as I wanted but still looks good. Overall I’m satisfied for now.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Looks really nice! I still have problems with my bike electronics so I’m not going to modify the display yet in case it needs to be replaced. But I really wish mine looked like that.

Still wish the outer rev-counter numbers were back-lit though. Shame on you Husqvarna.

Participant

I really dig this blue film. I may give this a shot.

monkeynutsmonkeynuts
    Participant

Hi looking really good, any chance you can supply the link for the coloured polarizer, cannot find it on Amazon !

Cheers

Participant

I’m thinking that this might make it easier to see in the sunlight, can you confirm?

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

This is pretty cool, might have to give it a go.

As for readability I would prefer when the numbers were backwards, then the reflection off my windscreen would work as a HUD.

Not sure about anyone else, but for me the 401 display is completely out of my field of view with a helmet on.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Some guy on one of the FB groups said readability during the day was worse after he did this, and went back to stock.

Participant

Yikes, that’s not good.

B.I.SavageB.I.Savage
    Participant

How about during dim hour or the night?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.