Rev Limiter no longer matches settings?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi!

“Long” time reader, first time poster!

I’ve had my Vitpilen 701 for a little less than a year now and am up to 3000km.

Once I hit the 1000km mark and after the maintenance at the dealer, I went in the settings and changed RPM1 and RPM2 shift speeds (RPM1 being flashing light and RPM2 being Rev Limiter) to 9500 and 11500 just to see if it worked and it did! Since I don’t really drive the bike hard, I never really get near those RPMs usually.

Earlier today, I was driving and accelerated hard to get on a highway and I hit a rev limiter before I even got the flashing light (seemed to be at or around 8500-9000RPM). Now this shouldn’t bother me as I really don’t usually go to these speeds, but at the same time, my experience is if something is supposed to behave a certain way and doesn’t… then something’s wrong with it…

For the time being I manually set RPM1 and RPM2 to very low values but haven’t yet had a chance to go out and drive this way… my hope is that by taking down and then back-up, it might “unblock” something but I really can’t find any information anywhere on this…

So question is this, is anyone here aware of WHAT could be causing the bike to behave this way where the rev limiter doesn’t match the RPM2 settings as it should (and did before)? Any quick fix or a visit to the dealer is required?

Thanks!

Participant

So… just went for a drive and it seems the RPM1 and RPM2 have no impact whatsoever on this situation and the Rev Limiter kicks in pretty much at the same place…

Participant

RPM1 red light starts blinking, RPM2 red light stays on. The rev limiter is set by the factory software. I’m not sure what rpm the rev limiter is actually set at. I’ve looked before & can’t find an official answer from Husky. Ive heard it’s set at 9500 but have not confirmed.

Participant

Thanks, I’ll look into all of this. I was pretty sure I didn’t have that rev limiter before but I might just be imagining things!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.