Removing the Rear Wheel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So this was my first time removing the rear wheel on any motorcycle, go easy on me…

After I removed the axle, chain, and rotor from the calipers, I had trouble getting the wheel to clear the brake caliper and chain guard when moving it out. Am I supposed to take the chain guard off every time I change the rear wheel out on the Vitpilen 701? And to take the chain guard off it looks like I have to remove the black cover with the Husqvarna logo next to the foot peg, because it is blocking the screw to the chain guard (see pic). I don’t see any easy way to remove the black cover. The owner’s manual says to remove the chain guard, but doesn’t say how to get this screw out.

I ended up removing the screw on the chain guard closest to the wheel (pic below) and flexing the chain guard in order to get the wheel out.

I doubt that’s the best way to do it.

NampusNampus
    Participant

I just tried this, and don’t really see what the problem is. The screw comes out without a problem. No need to remove the heel guard, there is plenty of room between the heal guard and the chain guard.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Have you tried moving the wheel forward after removing the axle, while sliding the brake caliper out rearward?

(tbf, I haven’t tried it on my Vit yet, but that’s how I make room on my other bike)

Participant

Looks like the wrong screw was installed on my chain guard, it’s too long.

I did manage to get the wheel back on, just needed to angle it in to get around the brake caliper.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.