Removing swing arm licence plate holder.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

Has any one got a link for the work shop manual? I ask because I would like to remove the UK rear licence plate holder and make up a trelace style one and wondered if I would need to make up a spacer or see an exploded diagram of what was under there?

SSR1SSR1
    Participant

Hello if you want to get rid of the license plate you have tho cut it and sand and paint the swing arm section on you will need new bolts

Nicke E.Nicke E.
    Participant

If you want to remove the number plate holder, replace it with a similar aluminum block mounted on the left side:

EU 60010084000 Chain Tensioner R/S LC8

Participant

Hello,

My dealer give me a Husqvarna reference for the chain tension adjuster right : 21010984000

Do you know if this piece have the grooves of the swinging arm because it’s twice the price of the KTM reference ?

Participant

This part is the one included in the Husqvarna kit License plate holder support (21008915044).

If anyone had it installed, could he tell me if the chain tension adjuster (right) had grooves like the swinging arm or if it’s flat like the KTM part ?

brinckisbrinckis
    Participant

The KTM version (60010084000) didn’t work for me. Its to thin. The chain tension adjuster that comes with the Husqvarna kit works perfect. The KTM version cost me 14 Euro and the Husqvarna version 21 Euro.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

They sent you the wrong KTM adjuster (the one you posted is a left side adjuster, the one on the right side is thicker). And I couldn’t live with that black adjuster they sent you next, OCD….

Anyway, this is the one that came with my Evotech tail tidy. Works perfectly.

Participant

I ordered the one for the right side from my dealer as well but still got the thin version despite them confirming it was the vorrect partno (which does not work with the nut not beeing open on one side) so I dont know what the partno for the thicker version that comes with the Husqvarna tail tidy kit is. The alternative is to buy another “open” rear wheel axel nut from probolt or other manufaturer.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Whatever you do, make sure to use a big ass washer under the nut, you don’t want to screw the nut on while there are no threads on the axle close to the adjuster block…

NampusNampus
    Participant

The KTM adjuster doesn’t work on the Husky because the KTM axle is shorter. The KTM doesn’t have a license plate support on the axle so doesn’t need the extra length.

The adjuster shown is the right side adjuster, left side adjusters are threaded and screw on to the axle itself.

brinckisbrinckis
    Participant

Im not sure about that. The adjuster I received came in a plastic bag taged with “EU 60010084000 Chain Tensioner R/S LC8” from KTM Austria. Is the adjuster you have a KTM or Husqvarna part or is it a after market product? Do you have a part number on the adjuster?

When you look at the exploded view and the part list is of KTM 690 duke it seems that there only is “one” adjuster. On the other side it seems to be attached with the axle. Or?

Participant

Husqvarna part number 21010984000 is the perfect axle adjuster to get rid of the rear tire hugger. It looks very similar to the left side, but isn’t threaded for the axle. It matches in style, color, ridges in the back, etc. I’ll confirm when I install it in a week or two, but this is The part.

I got mine through Greenland MX. 11 days to my door in the US. $24 for the part plus similar for shipping to the US.

Participant

Catalyst: Have you tried the axle adjuster yet? I’m curious whether this is a good replacement for the plate holder arm, that I don’t need additional spacers etc.

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Tom: sorry for the late reply. It’s perfect. No washers needed. It works exactly like we all want it to, and it’s the correct part for the job.</p>

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.