Rekluse Radius X Automatic Clutch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    esku
    Participant

I am using it on my svart’ 401 for more then two month now and it is the best thing I did except the buying of the bike itself

Vanessa
    Participant

I agree with you 100%

I have the same Rekluse clutch on my SP401 and I absolutely love it. It makes commuting in heavy traffic on busy city streets a breeze. Alongside the lowering kit, it’s the best modification I’ve done to my bike. Although I really love the cast alloy wheels, heated grips, hand guards and throttle paddle too.

Myy only problem is that now I want a Rekluse clutch on my MT-07 too.

Luwys007
    Participant

what exactly is a rekluse clutch and what exactly does it do for your bike and ride quality ?

Mtnwrks
    Participant

I agree I love mine too. I do feel a little lazy at times when riding with friends but that passes fast.

Rekluse Radius X Automatic Clutch Husqvarna Vitpilen 401

Jherrild
    Participant

I hear you guys saying it’s the best upgrade you’ve made- do you feel like it’s overpriced for what it is though? $600 feels a little steep for what seems like essentially new clutch plates…

Bobby B
    Participant

How is the install on these? It it DIY or take it to a shop kind of job?

Dryguy
    Participant

I ordered mine a few days ago and plan on installing it myself. Rekluse has a DIY video of a Duke clutch swap on YouTube with step by step instructions. It seems pretty straight forward. Did you guys order if from the forum? How long did it take to get it?

B.I.Savage
    Participant

I was reading on the Rekluse site that the clutch play should be checked before each ride.

Wasnt sure if that applied to dirt bikes or street bikes or both.

How do those of you who have one go about it?

Vanessa
    Participant

Never checked it, not had any problems. Dealer set it up for me when they installed it. It operates fine, every time. But it is more “draggy” when the oil is cold, once the engine oil is warmed up it’s perfect. I did note the clutch lever feel, pull and position when I picked up the bike, and I’m pretty sure I’d notice if it changed. The dealer did say not to adjust the clutch lever freeplay like it says in the bike’s manual, as that adjustment and setting is for stock (non-Rekluse) clutches. My dealer is very familiar with these clutches, so they check it for me at each service.

B.I.Savage
    Participant

Put it in, and it’s awesome.

Way better than I expected.

Took me much longer than I thought because the right side foot peg holder was so close to the one clutch cover screw that a socket wouldn’t go over it. This resulted in having to re-adjust the peg mounts both sides, and the exhaust mounts. On the positive side the new foot peg position improved the rear brake lever position (clockwise rotation, peg up/brake down).

Made a sticker to match, let’s see how long it hangs on.

Sisco
    Participant

what is it like when you change gear? do you still need to pull the clutch in?

Vanessa
    Participant

I’m glad you like it, I thought you might as they are just awesome pieces of kit.

B.I.Savage
    Participant

Initial impression is that gear shifting remains pretty much unchanged, so just like the stock bike the clutch is a preferential thing.

With the Rekluse you can click it into 1st from N without the clutch.

It’s basically like the clutch is always pulled until the centrifugal force makes it bite.

Vanessa
    Participant

If I want to get ahead of traffic at the lights, I put the bike in 2nd gear while stationary, and then whack the throttle wide open and let the Rekluse do it’s stuff!

Awesome!

B.I.Savage
    Participant

So i had a question for those of you with the Rekluse, when you are in 5th at 4k rpm and punch it, does it slip the clutch?

I got a service today and the mechanic pointed out that it slips in fifth at low revs and I should adjust it, but I thought that its only the nature of the clutch to slip at low revs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.