Recommended oil

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys, I got myself a Vitpilen 701 a couple weeks ago and am coming up on my first service. Looking for recommendations on what kind of oil to use.

Thanks in advance.

StevenSteven
    Participant

Is that the 1000 km service?

Participant

My first service says 600 miles.

Participant

It’s in the user manual. Also, the work needs to be documented by a shop to Husqvarna to keep the warranty valid.

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>When I purchased my bike they told me that I could service my bike myself. I saw what the owners manual said, just look for recommendations on oils that people prefer to run in their husky.</p>

I use Motul 7100 15W50.

Participant

I’m doing my own service too, but the shop has to verify your work and then document the work with Husqvarna. Also, the only way to turn off the service indicator is via the Husqvarna diagnostic computer.

I took photos of the oil change, and documented all the measurements etc required for the service. Then I took the bike to the shop and showed them the docs. They charged me a few bucks for the time to reset the indicator.

Participant

Belray EXS Synthetic Ester 10w-40. KTM dealer recommended it. As well as a fellow motorcycle mechanic.  Worth the money for good oil buy the OEM oil filters.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.