Rear Turn Signals Delete/Relocation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Reworked the license plate bracket for a more minimal look. Relocated the turn signals using LED strips w/ LED resistors (no hyper flashing).  Tapped into the turn signal harness using Posi-Tap so that it’s non invasive. License plate light is still operative and the harness itself remains untouched, just unplugged.

edit: the height of the turn signals are at their lowest in terms of visibility for motorists to see behind me at any safe and discernible view. Any lower and the tires would block it on rebound.

Travis
    Participant

Very cool.

What bar end mirrors are those??

Anonymous

They’re just some china ones that I had laying around. 3 inch folding ones. Left and Right.https://vitpilenforum.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/755/0sippruz0326h6tkexfwbw6dnd26k36a.jpg

Travis
    Participant

I like them. How was installation?

Did you have to remove the stock weights and they just threaded in and expanded?

Anonymous

Installation was easy. Removed the stock weights and thread in the new bar end that has the expanding sleeve. The stock bar end is considerably heavier (for more vibration dampening?), but removing them didn’t seem like it affected my ride.

https://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Mirrors-Davidson-Kawasaki-Cruiser/dp/B01MYZ8GPF/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1527623700&sr=8-7&keywords=bar+end+mirrors

this looks exactly like the one i have. it comes with 2 expanding sleeves that stack to fit larger diameter handle bars, but you’ll only need the smaller one.

Anonymous

Can the moderators move this thread over to parts and accessories?

GorData
    Participant

Can you point me to the LED turn signals and resistors you used?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.