Rear fender extender

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys. Anyone know if anyone has made a rear fender extender for the 701s? The bodywork above the wheel is beginning to get chipped.

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

Hey man ! i am sure the 690duke fender extender should be a close fit if you cant inf another vitpilen specific extender
    here is a link to one i found on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-DUKE-690-2012-2019-BLACK-HUGGER-MUDGUARD-FENDER-EXTENSION-EXTENDER-079305/392222370603?epid=12028451414&hash=item5b52466b2b:g:n~wAAOSwE~1b5YQZ

Participant

Hey Kirkish…….

So I just installed the 690 Duke rear fender extender by Pyramid-Plastics.co.uk yesterday.  The adhesive is still curing.

I can tell you that it is not an exact fit, but is pretty darn close.  The only point to note is the curvature of the two surfaces is not exactly the same but with clamps while drying, I’m hoping it’ll be fine.

Their part number is 079305.  Shout out if you find anything better.

M

rod frostrod frost
    Participant

I believe there is a Puig Rear Extension Fender for the 701 and 401. I put a Puig Extension on my 390 Duke and ordered one for the 401 too from AOMC, (had some reward points…) They might be cheaper here but not sure :  https://www.motomachines.com/pyramid-plastics-rear-hugger-extension-husqvarna-svartpilen-vitpilen-401?gclid=CjwKCAiA4Y7yBRB8EiwADV1hacSB3YRTjjM8-boKjN6MYJszFBggcXViusFTyhpnAr-TrXs6u0LMzxoCDVsQAvD_BwE Note: I added screws on mine.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by rod frostrod frost.
    Participant

Cheers guys. Would be interested to see if your 690 extender holds M!

Participant

Hey M, did the extender fix securely in the end?

Participant

Hey Kirkish…….. so not yet know.

It’s winter here in PA and the weather hasn’t cooperated for taking the Vit out. Thus I’m just keeping the two pieces clamped so the 3M black weatherstripping adhesive has lots of time to dry.

Weather may cooperate next week for a quick spin though.  Once I pop off the clamps I’ll post a couple of pics.

Participant

Hey M, sorry to bug you mate. Have any luck with the fender extender?

Participant

Hi Kirklish………… so yes, glad to report the use of the 3M Black Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive, 08008 is holding the KTM690 fender well on the Vit701, despite the differences in curvature of the two parts.  The fitment at the junction isn’t perfect but for me, more than adequate.  While curing I used 4 clamps to keep the two surfaces well mated.  The ‘red’ marks are actually dark blue magic marker lines I drew for aligning and placement.  They wipe off easily with acetone.  MKTM690 rear fender extender on Vit701

Participant

Thanks for the pic bud. Looks better than i thought it would. Seems like a good way to protect the tail end until an official extender is released for our bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.