Rear blinkers mounted the wrong way

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there!

New Vitpilen owner here. I am now riding a 2020 Vitpilen 701 but I just realised the rear blinkers are mounted in the wrong way (so when you push left, the rear right blinker blinks). The bike came with the tail license plate holder, mounted by Husqvarna. Now, I could bring it directly to the dealer but it’s about 30 km from home and its raining for the next few days… do you guys know how to fix it? I assume it has to be pretty simple, but after removing seat and tail cover, I discovered the cable goes up until the front of the bike, under the tank.

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Avatarlakonur.
    Participant

Hi lakonur,

I think you have the license plate above. The connection cables of the turn signals are not particularly long. The connections should be between the license plate and the tail of the Vitpilen. Do you have some pictures?

hamsteralex

Participant

I expected to find them right under the seat cover, but all I see is this cable going straight from the front of the bike to the license plate holder, where it divides in two. Here however, the license plate holder doesn’t seem to “allow” dismount much, I don’t see any screws.

And thank you! I know it a dumb question, but I really don’t want to mess up hehe

Participant

Perfect pictures…the turn-signal connectors are either under the silver cover on picture 2 or in the box between the turn-signals on picture 3. I guess the connections are in the box. KTM / Husqvarna also uses turn signals with resistors because they still use standard turn signal relays. The resistors are about 5cm long and not flexible.

hamsteralex

PS:

Sprichst du evtl. auch Deutsch?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Avatarhamsteralex. Reason: Ergänzung
    Participant

You were 100% right! Thank you! I

just managed to open the thing and switch the cables 🙂 fixed! For anyone in the future who finds this post, the plastic cover in the license plate holder can be removed by simply applying pressure, it will “pop” quickly.

pd: ein bisschen schon, ja 😀 ich wohne eigentlich in Wien, obwohl ich aus Spanien komme

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.