Rear blinker

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ichbinbier 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jason
    Participant

One of my rear blinkers got caught on something and popped out of the rubber holder. Does anyone know how to get it back in. I don’t know if it needs a special tool or I’m just doing something wrong. Thanks

Macloven
    Participant

Mine did the same thing. Assuming 701 is similar to 401….remove the little screw holding the lens on (like you’re replacing a bulb) and you’ll then be able to slide it back on to the mount.

Jason
    Participant

Ok I’ll check when I get back home but I don’t recall there being a screw holding on the lens. It seemed like it was glued together and snapped in. Basically your saying I need to split the blinker to go around it?

jerd
    Participant

Had the same exact issue happen to me yesterday on the 401. Couldn’t get it to stay back in and needed to hit the road so threw some electrical tape on it for the day. Was hoping to find a solution online today. Also didn’t notice any screw on the outside of the rubber bracket. Is it somewhere else that I’m missing?

Macloven
    Participant

there’s a tiny philips screw holding the lens to the blinker. I’m not home to look but pretty sure it was right on the tip of the blinker. Once the lens is pulled back like you’re changing the bulb, it’s easy to see how to slide it back on.

huw
    Participant

I just logged on to post about the exact same issue! Those little bastards are a nightmare. Someone knocked one off, and after struggling for an eternity to get it back on, I removed the other to see if I could get a sense of how it connected. And then couldn’t get that one back on either! Really hoping your solution works, @macloven

huw
    Participant

Also, this is just even more motivation for me to get rid of the whole tire hugger set up. It bugged me from the start and now I just flat out hate the damn thing.

Macloven
    Participant

Here’s a pic showing the screw to remove. Once you remove the screw, pull back the lens and you’ll see how to slide the blinker back on.blinker

rod frost
    Participant

What is up with this rear blinker… I or someone bumped the right one coming home from the dealer after buying the bike!

I took the lens cover off and tried putting it back on but it still doesn’t look right… maybe this is a common thing?

ichbinbier
    Participant

The problem is an engineering design flaw.

The KTM turn signals work fine except when they are mounted on the swingarm.
    If you look at all other KTM bikes with the same turn signal they are all mounted on the frame.
    The current design cannot handle the stresses created by being attached to the swingarm.

KTM should be issuing a recall/replacement for the current rear turn signals.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.