Raiser Bars for Vitpilen 701!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It was a bit quite, but now I noticed companies started to push aftermarket parts out one by one! Personally I would like to try these out as stock bars a bit too aggressive and my wrists get tired after a while. Specially if I ride in the city. Some one HAVE to come up with pod filter mod!!! Thats the one I cannot wait for!

https://www.bikermart.co.uk/Husqvarna-Vitpilen-701-ABM-Superbike-Fat-Bar-Handlebar-Kit

https://img.indianautosblog.com/2018/08/husqvarna-vitpilen-401-custom-ergonomic-kit-raised-handlebars.jpg

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by AvatarMr.Red.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by AvatarMr.Red.
    DarkarrowmotoDarkarrowmoto
    Participant

That looks pretty good.

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

I’m hoping someone can chime in on these, I have been eyeing them for a while now.

Participant

Hi, please ask if you have any questions re the bar raiser kit from ABM which we supply.  Kind regards Simon Bikermart

Participant

Simon, I’m keen on getting this but not sure about the actual bars. Noticed there are 3 heights, Low, Medium and Touring. Which ones do you suggest and which ones are in the pic above?? Cheers. Paul

Participant

Bonjour,

Personnellement, j avais pensé mettre le té de fourche abm avec un guidon droit rizoma, finalement je le laisse d’ origine car la forme du 701 est sublime

Participant

Hi Guys,

I’ve e-mailed AMB because one note in product description is confusing for me:
    Note: With the superbike handlebar conversion the steering angle will be limited, on both sides.

Handle bars are raised and I think that standard clip-ons limit steering angle much more. How is this possible?

RegReg
    Participant

Simon…
    Could you offer more detail on the different riser heights, and why the limited steering arc.

Thanx in advance.

Hey guys,

I have that kit on my Vit 😛

The angle is very limited after that mod, guess the main reason is the length of the original tubes for brake and clutch. As both is placed with a wider distance to the outside when using the recommended ABM handlebar, a full steering angle would result in pulling the tubes, which is not allowed.

In the real world I think it should be possible to ignore the angle limiting part, but not sure….

RegReg
    Participant

Thanx Qwertz (any relation to Qwerty?)…
    Are you satisfied with this mod?

Participant

Sorry I have been out of the office for a couple of days..  ABM only recommend the 0439 pattern bars for this kit which they class as the low version, width 757mm, height 68mm, pull back 116mm, hence why these are listed as the options in the drop down..

The reason for the limited steering is to prevent contact with the petrol tank.  Normal use is perfectly fine but three point turns may become four point turns.

RegReg
    Participant

Thanx Simon.
    As you haven’t mentioned it I presume that the OE cables work fine.

Participant

Yes they all reach..

Hey,

bar contact might also be a reason. As I got the Vit already with the mounted kit, no chance for me to check the situation without that angle limiting piece.

Anyhow, I´m able to say, the riding position with the kit is very good, even after several hours of riding no issue (we wil not talk about the seat and my butt :-P).

I would say, even though the kit isn´t cheap, it´s worth it. Reading that, please consider, my only experience with original bars was the test drive of an 1h, but even that made clear to me, I need a ore upright bar (have some issues with bones of my hand, memory of a motorbike fly off).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.