Question about the catalytic converter on the Svartpilen 401

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by rod frost rod frost 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rod frost
    rod frost
    Participant

Is this the catalytic converter on the Svartpilen?

kungfupoulet
    Participant

I’m also wondering if it’s the first cat converter. I’ve deleted the primarily one which is the big black box next to the swing arm.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar kungfupoulet.
    rod frost
    rod frost
    Participant

I’ve just been told that the photo is of a resonator tube that goes into the Cat (black box)?

DamnSk8er
    Participant

I have the same question because on the oem parts diagram the above photo is referred to as the catalytic converter and the black box is “pre muffler”.

https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2018-husqvarna-svartpilen-401/o/m163151?CRTP=psc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlP6C95rd3wIVW57ACh3cegyLEAAYASAAEgJmOfD_BwE#sch1111621

rod frost
    rod frost
    Participant

Correct on the oem parts diagram  and it refers to the that part of the pipe, in the photo above as the Cat Converter.  (confusing to me on where to fit the de-cat pipe I brought).

Macloven
    Participant

interesting. assumed the big black box was the cat converter, not a muffler. I’ve got the cat eliminator sitting in the box and haven’t looked at fitment yet but assumed it just replaced the black box, not what the diagram refers to as the cat converter cpl. btw, anyone know what cpl stands for?

update, just opened box and it looks to replace both parts. Cat converter cpl and big black box. This is the competition werkes cat delete.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Avatar Macloven. Reason: added info
    rod frost
    rod frost
    Participant

I have the Leo Vince de-cat I just brought which is about half that size for more money… ( I can see how the Werkes cat delete would work) .  Has anyone put a Leo Vince De-Cat on one of these bikes and if so did it fit fine taking out the “black box”?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.