Quad Lock iPhone Holder

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rlaruerlarue
    Participant

I compared several phone mounts and decided to try out the Quad Lock handlebar mount. Installation was a breeze with a just few twists of the hex wrench. I chose to mount the extender as well to get my phone in the position I wanted, but it’s optional. Snapping the phone in and out is quick too, and it seems plenty secure.

rlaruerlarue
    Participant

Reporting back after close to a month and I’ve had no issues. The quad lock mount is super stable so there’s no visibility/vibiness on the display and I have no worries about losing my phone. I did have to add a component called a poncho for wetter days, and it’s kept my phone dry so far. Even with the poncho on the touchscreen still works, but I t’s kind of a pain to pull it off the phone when you’re done with it.

Participant

Does this require its own case or are you able to snap any case onto it?

Participant

It does require a specific case for your phone. They also sell a universal case.

Some ppl have reported that their iPhone’s camera got broken after a certain period of use. It apparently messes up the gyro used for camera stabilisation in our phones. iPhone X/Xs/Xr are concerned so far.

Participant

I used the Quad Lock case and mount on a recent trip to Japan where I rented Groms with a friend and toured from Tokyo to Nagoya and back. Was really great. I had an iPhone X at the time.

In regards to kungfupoulet, I had one issue where my phone froze up and was unresponsive for a while. I think it might have had something to do with the rain and the -2 degrees and snow for much of that day. Otherwise it was fantastic.

Just today I received my universal sticker thing and I’ve stuck it to my Oneplus 7 pro and will be using it on the bike tonight and tomorrow. Yolo…

rlaruerlarue
    Participant

I dug through reviews before deciding on the quad lock and I never came across anything about damage to the camera, and since this system doesn’t use magnets there’s no way it interferes or messes up the gyro. Maybe you’re thinking of a different case. I’ve used this thing since May and it’s been so great we’ve put on one my wife’s bike, and use it in the car too.

@koolkevbo
    : I bought their phone poncho for when riding in the rain and still needing directions, and so far it’s kept my phone nice and dry in Seattle.

rlaruerlarue
    Participant
    Participant

@rlarue I’m in Victoria so I will have similar weather to you. Thanks for the link.

Oh, consider having your release 90 degrees left or right of how you have it pictured. Will make disengaging easier.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Avatarkoolkevbo.
    rlaruerlarue
    Participant

Yeah I considered having it 90 degrees but I was being petty and wanted to hide the big blue lever when my phone was attached. However, I see that they sell replacement levers in black and red so I’m going to replace mine soon and flip it.

Participant

Hi everyone!

Does anybody know if the fork stem version compatible with the vitpilen?

Satur9Satur9
    Participant

. Some mounts transfer vibration to the phone. Which breaks  the ois on cameras. It’s not specific to quad lock  many mounts do it. It seems I phone cameras are more susceptible especially on thumpers. having a rubber mounted phone mount helps.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Satur9Satur9.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.