Pirate Racing Parts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anybody tried out any of the pirate racing parts? Some interesting stuff like a stage 1 kit and their own mid pipe

I installed the clutch shift spring and haven’t had any false neutrals since (although its only been a week)!

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Were you able to reuse the gasket of the clutch cover?

NampusNampus
    Participant

I’ve got the spring, and am going to install it during the next oil change in a few weeks.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Keep us posted

Participant

Yes reused it, no leaks yet. Only at 1k miles though

For anybody thinking about it used these two for reference – pirate video has english subs

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Avatarzoop.
    NampusNampus
    Participant

Will do, I’ve got everything ready to go, oil, filters, o-rings, new spring and new clutch cover gasket.

Just need time to do it.

Participant

I ordered the spring from Pirate, havent gotten it in more than 1 month now, to prevent the problem to arise but my dealer warned me that if I change it I will loose the warranty for the bike so I will wait until or if I get the problems.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

You will only loose warranty on damage related to / caused by this spring, and the proof is on them imho. Same with installing an Oberon clutch slave (of course depends on where you live)

If you install it yourself they may not ever find out…

Anyway, I may just do it too

Participant

I had some links in my other post of vids for anybody who wants to try the installation which has flagged it for moderation.

I didn’t change the gasket – only 1k miles on the clock. For $10 or $15 might not be a bad idea to replace it though.

I think you’d need serious forensic analysis to tell the difference once installed if you had any issue. Worst case hold onto the old one and swap it back in!

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Yep

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.