Paint care Vitpilen

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    la flechela fleche
    Participant

Hello les amis,

What product(s) do you use for the paint maintenance of the Vitpilen?

I think that the paint is quite fragile and I don’t know any product to protect satin paint.

Do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks for your help.

WvblackgunWvblackgun
    Participant

I just wash and no wax. Im curious about this as well. I was afraid of it scratching so badly that i removed the tank covers and front fender then plasti dipped them (rubber coating that peels off) in color shift chameleon color. Its a lil strange, but protects the paint 

Participant

Owner’s manual recommends Motorex cleaning products

la flechela fleche
    Participant

For Motorex products it’s only due to a trade agrement with Husqvarna /KTM…but perhaps it’s a good solution,

I don’t know them.

There are several products on the market for non glossy paints, just thinking baout buying the S100 matt Wax.
    Guess as long you will have something which is made to prevent a “glossy” shine, it should be fine.

But, I also found the first scratches, after 550km…
    Most likely it will not take to long until I will also start thinking about another paint layer (or foil, or plasti dip maybe)

Participant

My new Vitpilen 401 arrives in 8 days. Although the tank sides are matt, I’m going to go ahead and wax it from day one. I’d rather the sides are a bit gloss than scratched. As long as you just use wax you should be able to get it off if you really don’t like the look. Don’t use polish though as that will actually be irreversible!

I use Bilt Hamber Cleanser Fluid (https://www.bilthamber.com/cleanser-fluid) to clean off excess wax and I’m sure it’ll take all the wax off if I want to. Make sure you don’t use the similarly named Cleanser Polish. đŸ™‚

Another reason for me using wax is that I wear black Dainese leathers and they can leave dark marks on light paintwork. It’s going to be much easier to clean up a wax surface than try to get black dye out of matt white paint.

la flechela fleche
    Participant

I looked at the S100 matt Wax but the opinions are divided like we can see:

https://www.louis.eu/artikel/s100-matt-wax-spray-contains-250-ml/10004383/bewertungen?page=1&lang=all&sort=rating&per_page=all

May be there are another suggestions?

Participant
    la flechela fleche
    Participant

Hi Tim, have you try it?

Participant

No, I’ve not tried it yet but I will get some of the Autoglym stuff for next weekend and report back to this thread.

Participant

I have been using Maxima SC1, it works great. Its not a wax, just a silicone based spray.

la flechela fleche
    Participant

Via facebook I asked to Petzoldts the right products for our Vitpilen, here is their response:

Hello and thank you for the request.
    For this great bike, we recommend our “Matte Foil and Matt Coat Special Care Set” https://www.petzoldts.de/shop/Matte-Folien–und-Mattlacke-Spezialpflegeset,-Petzoldts-p-2303.html

Good drive all over.

many Greetings
    Frank

Why not?!…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.