One year, 5.5K km, happy…..?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi All,

I just wanted to get a feeling how happy you are with your Svartpilen? I have mine for a year now, 5,500 km on the clock, a mix of commuting and regular weekend tours. Invested quite a bit in extra parts, overall the bike up to now cost me ~8400 CHF/US$ (a bit less in €). Don’t really feel like selling it, overall it’s a cool bike, rare, stylish, and surprisingly agile on the Swiss mountain roads that are my terrain.

Yet, I am getting rather tired of two issues:

– The brakes. Front brake stuttering, on and off, sometimes stronger, sometimes less, but never goes away (tried greasing brake cylinders, etc.). Extremely annoying when breaking medium-hard into corners.

– Motor cuts out, sometimes. Happened last weekend, while overtaking, going up a mountain pass. Was sort of scary. Happened today again, when shifting down, slowing down behind a tractor.

So, what is wrong with this bike? I thought I buy tried, tested and reliable KTM tech in a nicer visual package. Do 390 Dukes have the same problems?

Anyone else mildly disappointed?

AR

stroemstroem
    Participant

I don’t think KTM 390 derived bikes are known for reliability but I think they have been getting better over the last few years

Participant

….well, you’re right, easy to find posts on the same issue in 390 Duke discussions.

AR

Participant

For your front brake, I think your disc is warped. Mine does that and it’s gonna be covered by the warranty.

See if your dealer can do the same for you.

Participant

Thanks, yes, should look into this! Also became worse rather quickly, so could be the disc.

AR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.